Visitors are requested to leave the apartments in a clean and tidy condition.
The hirer of any apartment will be held responsible for any breakages or damage, and this must be reported to us. We reserve the right to seek compensation for any damage discovered after visitors have departed.
Children and Safety
We welcome children of all ages. Parents and carers are responsible for them at all times. There are ponds on the farm and a moat surrounding Brackenborough Hall and Coach House. Brackenborough is a working farm and machinery may be operating at any time. Visitors are requested not to touch farm machinery, unless in the company of Paul, Flora or their employees. We will be pleased to show you around, by prior arrangement. There is a suckler herd of beef cattle on the farm. Please drive carefully along the farm road. Please leave gates as you find them (open/closed). Some electric fences are in use. When walking dogs consider releasing them from their leads when passing cattle. The Coach House and surrounds have ancient brick floors which are uneven in places. We shall not be liable to any person for any personal injury, loss of or damage to property or vehicles however caused or sustained.
Pets are welcome, but must be pre-booked. An additional charge of £10 will be made per dog. Visitors are requested not to allow their pets on the chairs/beds.
Smokers are requested to light up outside but not in the farm yard, cattle sheds or near dry crops or straw.
Longer lets are welcome but we are not permitted to exceed 3 months for a single letting.
Check-in & check-out times
Check-in is after 4pm and check-out is by 10am, except by prior arrangement.
Payment of the deposit (£100 per apartment per week) will secure your booking. Payments can be by cheque (payable to Brackenborough Hall Coach House Holidays) or credit card. The balance must be paid at least 6 weeks before the start of your holiday.
Should you have to cancel your holiday please inform us immediately by telephone/email. In the event of cancellation, you will be responsible for the balance of payment unless we are able to re-let the apartment. Should we have to cancel your holiday our liability is limited to a full refund only. Visitors are responsible for their own cancellation insurance.
We have disability accreditations for mobility, hearing and sight. Stables is our most accessible apartment and is suitable for a wheelchair user. We welcome all.
• You can contact us via our website or by telephone, fax, letter or email.
• Directions are available for arrival by car. Taxis can be booked from Louth or Grimsby.
• The nearest train stations are at Grimsby, Market Rasen and Lincoln, and bus station is at Louth.
• On arrival at the Coach House, the car park is marked to the right towards the farm yard.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is a drop-off point, on hard-standing, for access to our ground floor apartments.
• Ample off-road car parking is available in the car park.
• The car park has a gravel surface, not ideal for wheel chairs or buggies.
Main Entrance & Reception
• The large main entrance door is open most daylight hours, but closed (not locked) at night.
• There is a brick floor to the entrance/reception area, similar to our downstairs apartments.
• There is emergency lighting in the Central Area.
• Floors on the ground floor are brick, stone or cobbled in the reception and patio areas.
• The surface of the ground floor is not completely level and can be slippery but there are no steps (except for 2 in Saddle Room sitting room and kitchen).
• Granary apartment is carpeted throughout; access is via stone steps with hand rails to first floor.
• Stables Apartment is our most accessible apartment, level throughout (although floors are uneven) with a wet floor shower. It has wheelchair access – minimum door width 740mm.
• There are dimmer switches on the lights in each living area and bedroom.
• We ask that guests refrain from smoking in the apartments.
• All dining chairs are movable and a dining chair with arms is available for each apartment.
• Stables & Saddle Room dining tables fold for flexibility in use of space.
• Dog bowls are always available.
• Washer/driers are available in each apartment.
• Linen and towels are changed weekly.
• The nearest shops are in Louth, 2 miles away but some local produce is available in the central area.
Leisure Facilities (internal)
• Table tennis and other games are available.
• Rocking horse, climbing frames available for children.
• Central area/reception has games, maps, DVDs, videos, books etc.
• Our large garden is available to guests, part of which is suitable for wheel chairs with grass and gravel, mostly level.
• There is a grass tennis court and football goal etc.
• There is an enclosed toddler-proof grassed area for safe children's play.
• The car park and immediate area around the Coach House is lit all night.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
• Granary Apartment is suitable for meetings but there is no wheelchair access.
• All bedrooms are carpeted in Granary, with wooden floors and mats in Stables and Saddle Room.
• There is ample space at end of beds (save for the garden bedroom in Saddle Room), and limited space to either side of beds on the ground floor.
• There are dimmer switches on the main lights, and in Stables and Saddle Room the bedside lights are touch control.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
• Stables has a wet floor shower.
• Saddle Room and Granary have conventional showers and a separate bath.
• A shower stool/chair is available on request.
• Basins and baths all have lever taps.
• There are grab rails for all showers, and by the baths in Stables and Saddle Room.
• A bariatric support and raised toilet seat are available on request.
• All kitchens are open plan.
• All apartments have an electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washer/drier.
• There are lever taps in all kitchens.
• The flooring is brick in Stables, wooden (up 2 steps) in Saddle Room and tiled in Granary.
Grounds and Gardens
• Grounds and gardens of Brackenborough Hall are available for guests to enjoy.
• Lawns and gravel are mostly level. The moat surrounds and garden pond are potential hazards.
• There are walks on the farm, some suitable for wheel chairs and buggies.
• Address: Brackenborough Hall Coach House Holidays, Brackenborough, Louth, Lincs LN110NS
• Telephone: 01507 603193, (Paul’s mobile 07974 687779)
• Email: paulandflora@BrackenboroughHall.com
• Website: www.BrackenboroughHall.com
• Emergency number: 01507 603193
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please phone 01507 603193 or email paulandflora@BrackenboroughHall.com
Paul and Flora Bennett