17th Century barn, converted into two self catering holiday cottages with five reconstructed barns nearby. With traditional features of beams and memorabilia providing a very high quality of comfort.
Set in a wonderful peaceful rural location in Norfolk with spectacular sunset views across wide open sky's, discover these seven holiday barns, beautifully furnished and offering a fine range of facilities and an ideal base to explore the variety of attractions in and around Norfolk. You might prefer to stay close to base and do a little walking, bird watching, fishing, play a game of pool or table football, children will enjoy themselves on the wooden tower equipped with slide, swings, rock climbing wall and many other features, while you relax peacefully in the sunshine by the outdoor swimming pool, heated May to October, or immerse yourself in the warm soothing water of the deluxe spa and then ease away the stress of everyday life with a sauna.
Whether you want a Summer Holiday where you can enjoy a barbecue on your own patio, or whether you would like a Winter Break where you know that you can come back to somewhere warm and cosy then Thorpland Manor Barns is your ideal choice.
- No Smoking
- No pets please
- Fishing in Farm reservoir
- Shared use of Outdoor Heated Swimming Pool (May to end October)
- Shared use of Hot Tub Spa, Sauna, Pool Table, Table Football
- Children's Outdoor Play Area
- Bed linen & Towels provided (not for swimming pool or Spa use)
- Gas Central Heating & Electricity inclusive
- D.V.D.(Gable,Archway, Purlin & Pantiles only)
- Colour Television & Video
- Hairdryer & Radio Alarm Clock in main bedrooms
- Cooker, Hob and extractor fan
- Microwave, Dishwasher, Fridge/Freezer, Auto Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer, Iron & Ironing Board
- Cot (no cot linen provided), Highchair & Stair-gate
- Bathrooms & Toilets are fully tiled.
- Bedrooms and Sitting rooms are fully carpeted
- Kitchens have built in units & tiled flooring
- Lockable building for bicycle storage
- Open all year
Easily accessible from A10. Shop, post office and pubs within 2 miles. Bus service to Downham Market and King's Lynn. Nearest Train Stations are Watlington, Downham Market on the King's Lynn to King's Cross rail line.
Wheelchair users welcome in Lintel, Gable and Archway Barns.
Places Of Interest and things to do
- Farm, Village and Riverside walks
- Wonderful area for walking and cycling
- Historic Market towns of King's Lynn & Downham Market
- Sandringham House, Museum & Grounds, Country retreat of H.M.The Queen
- Church Farm, rare breeds Centre - www.churchfarmstowbardolph.co.uk
- Oxburgh Hall - The National Trust - www.nationaltrust.org.uk/oxburghhall
- The Norfolk Coast - "Area of outstanding Natural Beauty" and superb sandy beaches, with classic seaside facilities at Hunstanton.
- Norfolk Lavender
- Welney Wildlife Centre - www.wwt.org.uk/welney
- Holkham Hall & Bygones Museum - www.holkham.co.uk
- The Butterfly & wildlife Park - www.butterflyandwildlifepark.co.uk
- Caithness Crystal Visitor Centre - www.cathness-crystal.co.uk
- Bewilderwood - www.BeWILDerwood.co.uk
- Pensthorpe - Home of BBC Springwatch - www.pensthorpe.com
- Dinosaur Adventure Park - www.dinosauradventure.co.uk
- Banham Zoo - www.banhamzoo.co.uk
- Britain's biggest beer shop - www.beersofeurope.co.uk
- Warzone Paintball Games - www.warzonepaintball.co.uk
You might prefer a boat trip to visit the Seals off Blakeney Point but whether you come for the Nature Reserves, the Stately Homes or the unspoilt countryside, there are plenty of attractions for everyone.
A Warm Norfolk Welcome Awaits You.
gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, FAB PLACE, FAB FACILITIES, FAB TIME HAD BY ALL. THANKS. McGuigan's, O'Shea's & Beestons.
More of a home from home than a holiday home. The accommodation is immaculate - everything you could possibly need - and more!! Such a lovely part of the country too!! Got as far as Cromer & Norwich. Downham Market was our favourite place for meals. Everyone in the shops are so friendly & chatty A week is not enough. We will be back to explore the places we never managed to fit in on this visit. Alan, Lesley, David & Ellen Bridge. from Merseyside
We had a great time. The accommodation is fantastic and we've used all the amenities to the full. We can recommend a trip to see the seals. We also went to Norfolk Lavender & Wells-next-the-sea and a trip out to Ely. We ate out at The Hare & The Angel but mostly enjoyed the Oriental Palace. Many thanks to Mary and Derek for a " top" holiday. Harrison Family from Lancashire.
8th time - it just gets better XXX See you next year, Kay, Steeve, Verity, Oliver & Patty.