King size bed + day bed which can be used as a single if you require a twin. Recently installed en-suite bathroom with a small (water & energy saving!) bath and shower.
Terms & Conditions
1. Booking and Cancellation
1.1 On booking, Old Farm shall require a deposit of £25 in order to retain the room.
1.2 The deposit is non-refundable except in the case of cancellation by Old Farm, for the reason contained in clause 1.7.
1.3 Acceptance of a booking, whether verbally or in writing, shall create a legally binding contract between Old Farm and the person from whom the booking has been accepted (the guest).
1.4 The number of people occupying a room must not exceed the agreed number stated.
1.5 In the event of late cancellation of any booking or non-arrival by the guest or curtailment of the agreed term of the booking, the guest shall pay to Old Farm a cancellation fee. A late cancellation is one, which has been communicated to Old Farm less than 72 hours prior to the date of the first night's accommodation.
1.6 Old Farm shall endeavour to re-let the accommodation but failing this, the cancellation fee shall be 2/3rds (67%) of the total cost of the room which we will debit from the card details used for your deposit payment where applicable.
1.7 Old Farm reserves the right to cancel a booking forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of damage or destruction to Old Farm by fire or other causes, any shortage of labour or foods supplies, or any other cause beyond the control of Old Farm which shall prevent it from performing its obligations in connection with any booking. In such an event Old Farm will refund the deposit made but will have no further liability to the guest.
Payment of the bill for accommodation and food and any other services shall be made prior to departure from Old Farm.
Occupancy shall be from 5pm of the day of arrival to 10:30am on the day of departure, unless special arrangements have been agreed in advance. Guests that leave later than 10.30am shall pay half the accommodation rate, unless prior arrangement has been agreed. Guests staying more than 1 night should vacate the rooms between 11.00 am and 3.00 pm to allow for general cleaning and maintenance work to be carried out.
4. Loss or damage to guests' property
4.1 Old Farm does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to any cash, money, jewellery or other articles of value unless they are deposited with the manager for safe keeping and a note of deposit handed to the guest by the recipient. (The note of deposit must be presented by the guest in the event of a claim.). No liability is accepted for any consequential loss arising from loss or damage to property of the guest.
4.2 Old Farm does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to motor cars or other vehicles of any kind, or property in them; or horses or other live animals including pets.
5. Loss from or Damage to Old Farm property
5.1 Guests shall indemnify Old Farm for any loss from or damage to Old Farm or the furnishings and equipment therein caused by the wilful act or default of the guest or persons or animals within the control of the guest.
5.2 The guest shall pay to Old Farm on demand the amount required to make good or remedy the damage or replace any items missing from Old Farm.
5.3 lf in the opinion of Old Farm the guest or anyone staying with the guest is not suitable to continue their occupation because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, Old Farm is entitled to treat the contract as at an end and the guest may be asked to vacate their room. The guest will remain liable for the whole cost of the booking and no refund shall be due.
6.1 If the guest has a complaint concerning any aspects of the services provided by Old Farm then it is the duty of the guest to inform Old Farm immediately, or as soon as is reasonably practicable and in any event before the termination of the stay.
6.2 It is specifically agreed between the parties that failure buy the guest to notify Old Farm of any complaint in accordance with the timescale set out in clause 6. 1 will entitle Old Farm to refuse to entertain the complaint, irrespective of the merits of the complaint.
7. General Points
7.1 The guest shall not store or place on the perimeter of, or in Old Farm, any flammable, combustible or objectionable substances or liquid.
7.2 Old Farm does not allow smoking in the house including bedrooms, guest lounge and hallways.
The failure of Old Farm to enforce or exercise, at any time for any period of time, any term of, or any right pursuant to the Agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right.
Fire Safety & Access Statement
Access Statement For Old Farm
1 mile north of Moreton in Marsh, Old Farm is situated in the small hamlet of Dorn. We are a 300 acre working farm with arable, sheep, cattle, pigs and hens.
• Our contact details are as follows:
Telephone: 01608 650394
• This Access Statement is also available in large print.
• There is a limited local bus service operating daily from Moreton in Marsh to Stratford and Cheltenham and Moreton in on the London-Worcester train line with local services to Oxford and Evesham. We can arrange collection from Train/Bus in Moreton with prior notice (if available).
• Footpath access from Old Farm to pubs/restaurants/shops in Moreton in Marsh 1 mile away across our fields (not suitable for wheel chairs).
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Ample off-road parking in front of the farmhouse.
• Help with luggage on arrival, if required.
• Ample outside lighting.
Main Entrance & Reception
• Not suitable for wheelchair access.
• Access is gained via a side hung front door.
• There is uniformed lighting at the entrance and in the hallway.
• Familiarisation tour of the house is available on entry.
• Keys for the front door are on the same key ring as the room key.
• Water bowls available for service dogs only. (No other dogs accepted)
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• All bedrooms are on the first floor, which are accessed via 14 steps with a mid-landing followed by another 2 steps. There is 1 step down in the landing to bedroom 3.
• The house is carpeted throughout.
• Television available in guest lounge and all bedrooms.
• There is no WC located on the ground floor.
• If fire alarm sounds please vacate rooms, leave all belongings behind, make your way to the front door and assemble on front lawn. If you are have trouble hearing then please let us know prior to your arrival so that we can ensure you are alerted in the event of an emergency.
Dining Room/Guest Lounge
• Breakfast is served in the dining room on ground floor.
• Seating for 6/8 people.
• We need to know in advance if you have any special dietary requirements.
• The establishment is fully non-smoking.
• Wi Fi available in dining room/bedrooms and Mac computer available for guest use (e-mails etc. No printer)
• Not available at the B&B but Laundrette open daily in Moreton in Marsh.
• Farm shop selling home produced meat and other local produce.
• Access to rear garden through door opposite main B&B entrance via 1 step down onto gravel path.
• Patio table and chairs available.
Conference & Meeting Rooms
• Dining Room/Guest Lounge is available for meetings (NB. No WC on ground floor). Refreshments available with prior notice.
• Proprietor will alert hearing impaired guests in the event of a fire.
• Televisions in bedrooms.
• All door widths are standard.
• 3 bedrooms all located on first floor; 2 double bedrooms and one twin/double with showers situated in the corner of the rooms and all have en-suite WC. Sorry, no bath available for guest use. Carpeted throughout.
• Not available.
Grounds and Gardens
• Large lawned rear garden with flower borders, gravel footpaths.
• Seating available.
• Old Farm is a fully non-smoking establishment.
• Medication can be stored in refrigerator.
• Special dietary requirements catered for by prior arrangement.
• Address: Old Farm, Dorn, Moreton in Marsh, Gloucestershire, GL56 9NS
• Telephone: 01608 650394
• Fax: 01608 650394
• Minicom: Not available.
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.oldfarmdorn.co.uk
• Grid reference: SP1933
• Hours of operation: 7.30am - 7.00pm daily
• Emergency number: (local police) 0845 0901234
• Local carers: Doctors: 01608 650317
Hospital: 01608 650456
• Local public transport numbers: Traveline: 0871 200 22 33
• Local accessible taxi numbers: ETC 01608 650343
• Not available at present.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01608 650394 or email email@example.com
Fire Risk Assessment
Moreton in Marsh
Tel: 01608 650394
Produced by: Sarah Righton, January 2008 (Fire Risk Training attended March ‘07)
Updated: Sarah Righton 5/3/18
The purpose of this Fire Risk Assessment is to ensure as far as possible the fire safety of visitors and staff including contractors at Old Farm.
Fire Safety Policy
Old Farm is a totally non-smoking establishment.
We have linked smoke detectors in the upstairs landing, stairwell and downstairs hallway, cellar and attic. Battery operated alarms in all bedrooms.
Portable appliances PAT tested annually.
The people at risk of fire at Old Farm include visitors, staff, family and contractors.
Special attention is given to any of the above categories that are disabled or have mobility difficulties although we do not cater specifically for guests with major mobility issues as we do not have any accommodation on the ground floor.
Fire Notices are displayed in all bedrooms both on the back of the bedroom doors.
Fire exit arrow signs to lead guests back to the main guest door and emergency lighting provided along egress route.
If fire prevents egress down the main stairs then use exit through private quarters (behind curtain at top of stairs).
Mains linked smoke detectors in the main corridor (escape route) plus heat detector (mains) in kitchen.
All doorways opening to main corridor fitted with self closers (except B&B bedroom doors – these to be checked nightly to ensure they are shut.
Cupboard door (bottom hallway) and attic door (landing) fitted with bolts to prevent accidental opening in the event of a fire.
Ensure awareness of assembly point (car park)
Ensure fire notices are clearly visible
On Discovery of a Fire
If smoke alarms sound and it is safe to do so, knock on guest doors to alert guests.
Advise the Emergency Services
Tackle the fire with the appropriate equipment (if appropriate)
Evacuate other staff members and self
Assemble in car park for roll call
Liase with Emergency Services (if appropriate)
Attend training courses as directed.
Advise of updates from courses attended.
Check B&B bedroom doors are closed each night. (Especially un-occupied rooms)
Ensure escape route is clear from hazards.
Check smoke alarms and fire extinguishers (see separate record sheet).
Bedrooms – Low Risk:
First Floor Low Risk :Portable and fixed electrical equipment. Soft furnishings and furniture. Annual PAT. Visual inspection of fixed surface wiring. Fire retardant furniture upgrades
Public Area - Low Risk
Hall/Stairs/Landing Low Risk electrical equipment, soft furnishings replaced with fire retardant items.
Dining Room - Low Risk
Electrical Apparatus, open fire (unused for guests), combustible soft furnishings. Soft furnishings replaced with fire retardant items.
Kitchen Medium - High Risk
Machinery Water Boilers Fire Spreading. No deep fat frying is carried out on the premises.
Loft Store – Low Risk
No apparatus. Minimise storage of combustible materials.
Cellar - Medium Risk
Oil boiler – fire safety cut out on oil supply.
£50 - £100 per room per night
B&B in a farmhouse dating back to the 15th Century, our 300 acre tenant farm is just to the north of Moreton-in-Marsh and forms part of the Batsford Estate.
B&B in a farmhouse dating back to the 15th Century, our 300 acre tenant farm is just to the north of Moreton-in-Marsh and forms part of the Batsford Estate. Comfy beds and tasty local breakfast with home produced, award winning sausages, bacon and eggs. Home to BBCs 'Nigel and Adam's Farm Kitchen' filmed in 2013...
The large dining room (which has a fridge and microwave for guests) can be used at any time and please feel free to bring in your own food and drink in the evenings (corkscrew and glasses also available!). The garden is a great place to relax and unwind or to let off steam as applicable!
Double bed, available for both double and single occupancy. The shower is in the room and there is an en-suite toilet and wash basin.
Additional Directions Information
From Moreton in Marsh head north on A429. After 1 mile turn left at the lay-by for Dorn, Old Farm is ~1/4 mile on the left (opposite New Farm). Use the second entrance by the Farm Shop and B&B sign, the farm house is up to your right and there is plenty of parking.
67 Results Found
Batsford Arboretum(1.9m away) 01386 701441
Batsford is home to one of the finest botanical collections in the country and is run by the charitable trust, The Batsford Foundation. The Arboretum is planted on a south facing slope which means visitors get to see our magnificent tree and plant collections from an unusual angle, as well as the stunning views of the Evenlode Valley beyond.+ Read More
Other businesses at this property
Shearing ShedMoreton in Marsh, Gloucestershire
Converted Shearing Shed in the heart of the farmyard. Studio with king size bed, cozy log burner, WiFi and...
- Self Catering
- 1-4 in 1 Unit
Old Farm Bell TentMoreton in Marsh, Gloucestershire
5m Bell tent with double bed and 2 small single beds.The tent has electric lights and USB sockets and there...
- Glamping & Camping
- 1-4 in 1 Units/Pitche