Booking terms & your stay in Brambly Thatch
1. Bookings can be secured on receipt of a completed booking form and non-returnable deposit of £100/week.
2. Balance of the booking must be received in full, 30 days before arrival.
3. Prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rate, local taxes where applicable and are subject to change without notice.
4. Lettings are made on a Friday-to-Friday basis, entry is available from 1600hrs on the day of arrival. Cottages should be vacated no later than 1000hrs on the Friday of departure.
5. Property should be left in the same clean and orderly condition as it was on arrival.
6. Guests are responsible for the cost of all telephone calls, any electricity in excess of £10 per week, excess banking charges, any damage to the property along with its contents, fixtures and fittings.
7. Only those persons named on the booking form may stay in the cottages.
8. For hygiene and farm-safety reasons, we regret that pets are not permitted on the premises, except by special arrangement.
9. It is against UK law to smoke inside the properties and for fire safety reasons we strongly discourage smoking near the Thatched cottage, in particular.
10. Cancellations must be received in writing.
11. In the event of a cancellation every effort will be made to re- let, but if this is not possible we reserve the right to recover the balance due, if this has not already been paid.
12. Where we are able to re-let and a refund is due, the initial deposit of £100 will be retained to cover administration costs.
13. Guests are reminded that insurance can be obtained for this sort of loss.
14. We reserve the right to levy additional charges where the following instances occur:
a. Breakages or damage to property, contents, fixtures or fittings.
b. Additional persons staying without notice or permission.
c. Unauthorised pets brought onto the premises.
d. Late departure.
e. Additional cleaning charges required over and above the usual on departure.
f. Excessive electricity and fuel consumption.
g. Underpayment of telephone call charges.
h. Excessive and unreasonable broadband useage.
Guests should take all measures to avoid a fire starting in the thatched cottage. No naked flames (candles etc) in or near the cottage, extra care with electic appliances, esp. cookers & heaters
In the event of a fire:
Get everyone out as quickly as possible, shutting doors behind you.
Dial 999 and ask or Fire Brigade, to RG8 7TA, Brambly Thatch, Coombe End.
Call Kate or Jon Hatt (in Merricroft, across the lane) 0118 984 3121
Shelter with them, or get in car & park a safe distance away.
Unfortunately, due to the age & construction of this 400 year old, listed building, access is not suitable for people with mobility problems or wheelchairs, and has a steep, narrow staircase, with the bathroom & WC upstairs.