A cosy 2 storey traditional character cottage, with oak beams, slate window sills, and stone fireplace. Owl cottage provides a lounge/diner and kitchen at ground floor and a double bedroom, a twin bedroom independent bath room at first floor The front of this cottage is south facing and guests are often found sitting outside on the garden furniture provided, enjoying a cup of tea or glass of wine in the afternoon sunshine. The Owl is ideal for two couples sharing or family.
Terms & Conditions
1. The balance must be paid 42 days before commencement of your stay. For bookings made 42 days or less before arrival the full amount is required on booking.
Once a confirmation letter has been received the hirer is responsible for the total price of the holiday.
2. Any cancellations must be notified at the earliest date and confirmed in writing, thereby giving us the best chance to re-let. If re-letting is successful any money paid will be refunded less our expenses. You are advised to take out cancellation insurance to cover this eventuality. Details of a cancellation insurance scheme will be sent to you with your booking confirmation if you wish to take up this option.
3. The proprietors reserve the right to terminate your stay if you or members of your party are believed to be causing a nuisance to other guests or are not treating the property with due respect.
4. The cottages and rooms must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Any articles, which are damaged, broken or lost, must be paid for. The hirer must report any breakage, damage, loss or any other problem at the time.
5. Only persons listed on the booking form are allowed to stay in the accommodation.
6. The proprietors reserve the right to enter the property during your stay.
7. Cottages are available from 15.00 on the day of arrival and guests are requested to vacate by 10.00 on the day of departure.
8. Please Note: If arriving after 18.00 please ring to arrange a time.
9. Pets are to be well-behaved and kept off beds and furniture, and are not to be left unattended. Dogs are allowed off lead in the grounds but must be supervised at all times. Dog owners are responsible for clearing up any dog litter created by their pet and disposing of in a hygienic manner.
10, All cottages are non smoking
Type Self Catering
Sleeps 2 - 4
£220 - £858 per week
Self catering cottages sleeping 2-4 close to the fishing villages of Polperro, Looe and Fowey. Set in some of the most picturesque countryside and unspoilt stretches of the South coast
Former farmstead comprising five stone cottages set in picturesque countryside and close to the coast. Talehay Farmhouse is a grade 2 listed Cornish farm house with its origins in the 17th century. It is surrounded by beautiful open countryside and approached down a quiet country lane. The converted stone built cottages and farm house retain much character and provide well specified and tastefully furnished accommodation around a central courtyard.
The cottages are situated in spacious communal gardens with lawned areas, ideal for picnics, barbecues and safe for children to play. To the rear of the main house is a further three and a half acres of fully enclosed meadow which is also available for guest’s recreational use. Talehay is situated a mile from the village of Pelynt, Nr Looe, Cornwall, amidst delightful unspoilt open countryside.
The magnificent Cornish coastline with its secluded sandy coves and breath taking views is only 3 miles away. It is ideal if you are looking for a 'get away from it all' holiday seeking peace and tranquillity or as a base to explore the many readily accessible attractions of Cornwall; it's beaches, fishing villages, stately homes, famous gardens, coastal and inland walks as well as the world renowned "Eden Project". Available nearby you can enjoy golf, diving, surfing, horse riding, cycling and many country and coastal walks.
Neil & Theresa your hosts pride themselves on their welcome and hospitality. Guests are actively encouraged to exploit their host’s local knowledge whether it is for a special restaurant, the nearest beach or what is best to visit further a field. There is no problem to small, and they will do their best to make your stay a memorable one.
Additional Information - Open all Year. - Non smoking. - All bedding provided including sheets, duvets and duvet covers(cot linen excluded). - Towels provided on request at a charge of £4 per set. - Cots, high chairs, stair gates, bottle sterilisers, changing mats, potties and food -processors available on request. - WIFI In All cottages - Ample off road parking at Talehay. - BBQ and Picnic areas with separate picnic tables for each cottage. - All kitchens are fully equipped including 4 ring hob, oven, microwave and fridge with - - 4* freezer compartment. - All Kitchens benefit from a full complement of kitchen utensils, cutlery, pots, pans, plates and glasses. - Flat screen colour TV's, DVD players, videos and CD/Radio's in all cottages. - Automatic washer/dryers in all cottages.
- All cottages have baths with showers or shower mixer taps. - All cottages are centrally heated. - Cottage prices are all inclusive of heating and electric. - Information on local attractions and events available, walkers guides, ordinance survey maps, cycle guides available for loan to guests. - A wide selection of videos, DVDs and games suitable for all ages available for guest use in each cottage. - Pets welcome - maximum of 2 dogs (See price list and booking conditions). - Just 25 minuites from the Eden Project. - All major Credit/Debit cards accepted
A cosy 2 storey traditional character cottage, with oak beams, slate window sills, and stone fireplace. Barn cottage provides a lounge/diner and kitchen at ground floor and a double bedroom with adjoining bath room at first floor. The Double Bedroom can comfortably accommodate a Z bed or cot. The front of this cottage is south facing and guests are often found sitting outside on the garden furniture provided enjoying a cup of tea or glass of wine in the afternoon sunshine. The Barn is ideal for a couple or smaller families with a young child or baby.
The Coach provides light, bright spacious accommodation on one level. This detached cottage has uninterrupted views over open countryside and fields to the rear. It has one double bedroom with adjoining bathroom and a lounge/dining area with adjoining well-equipped kitchen. The Coach is ideal for a couple or smaller families with a young child or baby
The Lodge is a bright spacious open plan studio cottage with separate bathroom and a touch of luxury. Although of a studio design it has a fully equipped galley kitchen, separate lounge and dining areas equipped with leather chairs and a sleeping area with a double bed and sufficient room to accommodate an occasional bed. The Lodge is ideal for a couple or smaller families with a young child or baby.
The Stables is split level with a large lounge/diner, kitchen, bathroom and twin bedroom at ground floor and large double bedroom at first floor. This unique accommodation offers a special charm with its high vaulted beamed ceilings, slate floor, galleried double bedroom with views across the surrounding fields and a wood burning stove (Supplemented by central heating). It has been furnished accordingly with leather lounge suite, dining table and chairs and cast iron double bed. The twin bedroom can accommodate a third bed or alternatively upon request the existing bedroom furniture can be converted to provide a further double bed. This cottage is ideal for the larger family, those with older children or two couples sharing.
Additional Directions Information
Directions - Plymouth to Talehay
On the A38 from the Tamar Bridge keep to this road for 16 miles following signs to Liskeard, continue pass the turning to Liskeard. Continue on this road until you get to the roundabout signposted A390 road to St Austell. Follow this road for 2.5 miles until you reach East Taphouse. Go through village and take the left turning onto the B3359 signposted Looe/Polperro for approx. 6 miles. Go past the turning for Lanreath on the right and take the next right signposted Tremaine. Talehay is the 3rd gateway on the left.
8 Results Found
Talehay Farmhouse Cottages Special Offers
SPRING SPECIAL OFFER
SPRING SPECIAL OFFER!
We are offering 10% discount on any stay in April 2018.
1 Bedroom Cottage - Was £360 Now £325 for 7 nights.
Studio Cottage - Was £330 Now £297 for 7 Nights.
If you require any more information please contact us and we will be happy to help.
PLEASE CALL IF ONLY LOOKING FOR A BOOKING OF 2 person - WE CAN ACCOMMODATE IN A LARGER COTTAGE IF AVAILABLE FOR THE SAME PRICE AS OUR 1 BED.Offer expires 21 April 2018, terms & conditions may apply.