Thank you for choosing to book with The Orchards. When you make this booking you are entering into an agreement with us. Please read our Terms and Conditions of Booking below.
Payment Details For all bookings we require a deposit of £150 to confirm the booking. You must make sure this reaches us within 7 days of making the booking. We will send you an email or letter confirming the booking and letting you know what the outstanding balance is. The balance must then be paid 4 weeks before the start of your holiday. For holidays that are to take place within 6 weeks of making the booking, the full amount is due on booking. The price of the accommodation includes the following: electricity, linen, hot water, heating, initial supply of fuel for the fire.
Pets Sorry, pets are not permitted.
Cancellation and Insurance Once you have booked your holiday, our agreement is a legal contract and your deposit is non-refundable. If for whatever reason you cancel your holiday within 6 weeks of the booking and the booking cannot be re-let, you are still liable to pay for the booking in full, even if we have not received the balance. If we do succeed in re-letting the booking, you are no longer liable for the balance or we will refund it to you if you have already paid it. Please note that your deposit is not refundable under any circumstances. For this reason we strongly recommend that you take out Cancellation Insurance which is inexpensive and can be obtained from any good broker / travel agent.
Non-availability of Accommodation We would only cancel your holiday if the accommodation were unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation, however if this were not possible or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the holiday. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
Arrival Your accommodation will be available to you from 4.00pm on the day of your arrival unless otherwise arranged. Please try not to arrive earlier – we will still be busy preparing your accommodation and will not be available to greet you.
Departure Please be ready to leave the accommodation by 10.00am promptly on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged. Please try to leave the accommodation as clean as possible.
Damage and Breakages Please take care with our property. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damage that you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as they occur. Any breakages or damage must be paid for or replaced by the guest prior to departure or on receipt of invoice. We reserve the right to access the property without permission.
* Refundable Security Bond It is our policy to ask for a refundable bond at our discretion. This is payable with the balance. The deposit will be refunded less any possible deductions for breakages, damage, or any additional cleaning charge, within 7 working days after departure.
Liability We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
Special Offers and Discounts Please note that where any offers or discounts are advertised, only one offer or discount will apply at any given time unless otherwise stated.
Personal Data The security of your personal data is very important to us and we will do our utmost to ensure that your data is kept secure at all times. We will process your data for the purpose of dealing with your holiday booking. The lawful basis for processing your data will be to deal with a contract for your holiday booking with The Orchards. Your personal data will be received by myself or our agent and will be retained for a period of 2 years. However, the details of your payments and receipts will be retained for the necessary accounting years, normally 6 years. We will not share your data with any other party.
As an individual you have the right to access your data, ask for errors to be corrected, ask for your data to be erased (in certain circumstances), ask us to restrict the processing of your data. If you are unhappy with the processing of your data in any way then please speak to Mrs V Holland in the first instance.
Further information on the processing of data can be obtained at www.ico.org.uk
FOR YOUR SAFETY
Please note – you have hired the holiday cottage and grounds ONLY.
The farm / buildings / animals are out of bounds.
Please keep to the footpaths at all times.
There is a Fire Safety Statement sited in the cottage itself. If anyone has any queries, please contact us and we will endeavour to answer fully.
This Access Statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
ACCESS STATEMENT FOR THE ORCHARDS
The Orchards is a modern bungalow built chalet-style with the garage beneath the bedrooms. There is a drive up to the property with a gradual approach (after first opening a gate), then reasonably flat access.
There are steps up to the front door of the cottage. All rooms are on one level. We are rated under the National Accessible Scheme for Hard of Hearing 1.
If you have any specific queries or require any assistance please phone 07973 772538 or email us at email@example.com
For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section . There is parking for 2 cars outside the cottage. Access area is 90% level from car to steps.
Entrance to Property
· There are 7 steps to the front of the property with a handrail on the left.
· There are then a further 3 steps to enter the front door with grab rails to the right.
· The front door is 29" wide.
· An alternative access is via the side of the cottage with less steps but a steeper sloping gradient. No grab rails.
· The outside and access areas are well lit and can be switched on from inside the cottage or inside the garage.
· Immediately inside the front door is the hall which has a wooden floor.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
· Inside the front door, there a standing area, then three steps to the main body of the cottage.
· The lighting is functional but not bright, low energy bulbs.
· The width of the hall is 59" and the hall floor is wood.
· All rooms are off the hall. There is a fire alarm in the hall.
· All rooms are on one level.
· The door width is 28.5".
· The floor is carpeted and level. It is spacious and has couches, low tables and all furniture can be moved.
· There is an open fire with hearth.
· The satellite digital television has full subtitles/audio description available.
· There are side lights, occasional lamps and overhead lights.
· Very large window gives excellent light. There is a carbon monoxide warning alarm in this room.
· The dining room is accessed via the sitting room or the kitchen.
· The door openings are 28.5" wide.
· The dining table has legs at each corner, is oval in shape and can be made smaller.
· The table is standard height with no under-hangs.
· There is room for a wheelchair.
· The floor is wood with a rug over.
· Overhead light, low energy bulb, adequate.
· 2 large windows give excellent light.
· The kitchen is accessed via the hall or dining room.
· The door openings are 28.5".
· The cooker has low level grill and the oven door opens sideways to the left.
· The fridge and freezer are easily accessible.
· Crockery is currently in a cupboard above the work surface but can be placed in a more accessible position on request.
· Flooring is tiled.
· The lighting is fluorescent strip and also under cupboard light.
· Access to outside via back door 28.5" wide with one step down.
· The kitchen is dual aspect and the back door is half-glazed so again there is excellent light from outside.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
· Bedroom 1. Door opens to 29".
· Furniture can be moved if necessary.
· Two single beds, access both sides.
· Height of mattress 22" and space under bed 11".
· Short pile carpeted floor, central light, occasional lamps.
· Adequate colour contrast.
· All bedding non-allergenic.
· Bedroom 2. Double bed with access both sides. Furniture can be moved.
· Bedroom 3. Full sized bunk beds with access from one side only. Furniture can be moved (i.e. small chest of drawers).
· A vibrating Fire Alarm is available for the hard of hearing, with an extra smoke alarm fitted in the double bedroom to ensure the acoustic triggering of the vibrating alarm.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
· Bathroom is step free. Floor is tiled.
· Door opening 29".
· Over bath shower only.
· Height of WC from floor to seat 17".
· Height of washbasin 32.5", with pedestal.
· Lever taps on bath and sink.
· Push button flush on WC.
· No grab rails available.
· Lighting is bright LED ceiling fitment.
· Good contrast.
· Patio and lawn surrounding the cottage, even but gently sloping.
· Wooden bench seating.
· Width of footpath around the cottage is 48".
· Path is concrete.
· Drive is tarmac, slightly uneven, on an incline.
· There is a large garage with socket access for charging mobility scooter.
· The contrasts between floors and walls are generally good.
· Whilst the cottage has all rooms on one level, the access does not lend itself to the less mobile or wheelchair users as there are steps whichever entrance is used. If anyone has a reasonable request regarding their stay at The Orchards, we would do our best to accommodate them, for example buy or hire toilet surrounds which replace grab rails.
In the event of a fire please evacuate the building by the nearest exit, closing doors and windows if safe to do so. Telephone 999 and inform Mrs Holland.