ORCHARD COTTAGE is detached, single storey sleeping two. It has a large living room with a galley kitchen, bathroom with shower over bath/WC and double bedroom with door to its own small patio area. There is a bed settee in the lounge if required. ETC 4 Star
Terms & Conditions
1. Cathy Evans is the owner of the holiday cottages specified in the booking form and the agreement is therefore between you and the owner
2. Booking: Provisional booking may be made by telephone or e-mail which must be followed by receipt within 7 days of a booking form and payment.
(a) The deposit specified in the booking form must be paid when the booking form is delivered to the owners and if it is not paid in full within seven days, the owners may cancel the provisional booking without reference to you.
(b) The balance of the rental specified in the booking form must be paid to the owners at least seven weeks before the commencement of the holiday period
(c) For Bookings made seven weeks or less before arrival, the full amount must be paid on booking.
(d) Until this payment and booking form is received by the owner – any reservation is deemed provisional and no contract exists. Provisional booking will be held for up to seven days pending receipt of your deposit and booking form. The owner will notify you in writing that the booking has been accepted, until then the booking is not definite and no contract exists.
3. Cancellation by you: Once the booking is confirmed, it is an express condition that the whole rent is payable even if you are unable to take up your reservation in full or in part. Provided that the owners have sufficient notice in writing they will endeavour to re-let the property and to make a refund to you if successful, less the deposit which is non-returnable. Written notification of cancellation is required. You are advised to make your own cancellation insurance arrangements
4. Cancellation by us: If the holiday property should not be available owing to damage by fire or storm or for any reason outside the control of the owners, they will refund to you the full amount of any monies paid by you to them but the owners’ liability is limited to the refund of such monies.
(a) In event of a double booking resulting in the accommodation not being available then we will refund in full any monies paid.
(b) In the event of cancellation by us any time prior to the start of the holiday the deposit and any other monies paid will be refunded in full.
(c) We will not be liable for any consequential loss you may suffer or pay any compensation to you.
8. Occupancy: Except by prior arrangement no more than the maximum number of persons as stated in the brochure may occupy a property.
9. Arrival and departure: Every endeavour is made to have the properties available from 3pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. You must return the key of the property to the person from whom it was obtained immediately at the end of the holiday period.
10. Damage, Loss and Nuisance: The owners of the holiday property will not be liable for any loss or damage to any property or goods belonging to you or any members of your party howsoever that the damage is caused (including negligence) nor for any loss, damage, injury or sickness to you or any member of your party or third party. You agree:
a) That the supervision of children, babies, dogs and any adults requiring care remains your responsibility at all times.
b) You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of it. The property and all its equipment must be left clean and tidy at the end of the holiday period. Otherwise an extra cleaning charge will be levied
c) To pay for any damage or loss however caused, excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during occupation
d) To take all due care in the cottages and surrounding land and be responsible for your own safety at all times. If in our opinion any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the property because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the contract may be discharged and we may reposes the property immediately. You will remain liable for the whole cost of hire and no refund shall be due.
11. Complaints: If on arrival at the property you do not consider that it complies with the description in the brochure or if you do not consider that it is fit for your use, you must advise the owners immediately. The owners will not deal with any claim arising out of the alleged defect or mis-description of any property unless notice is lodged within forty-eight hours of your arrival at the property. It is specifically agreed by you that failure to notify a complaint immediately or soon or at all before departure will entitle us to refuse to entertain the complaint irrespective of its merits.
12. Dogs: We accept well-behaved dogs by special arrangement outside of summer school holiday periods. They must be kept on lead when walking in fields where there is livestock. Please clean up after your dogs in the garden and in the fields. We ask that they must not be left unattended in the cottages and they must not be allowed on the furniture. They must be recently wormed and update with inoculations. We are happy to allow a maximum of 2 dogs per cottage – if you have more than two –do contact us about your dogs. There is a nominal charge of £20 for dogs per cottage for a week stay or £3.00 per night for short stay.
13. Legal Provisions: The construction, validity and performance of the Contract between us is governed by the laws of England and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts. You agree that the Contract is made at the Owner’s premises and that any proceedings between the parties shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to the owner. Clause headings are for convenience only and do not form part or affect the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
14. Descriptions: While the representations made in our brochure and on websites are made in good faith, neither they nor any verbal representations are intended to do more than give a general indication of the nature of the holiday property and they do not form part of the agreement between you and us. Descriptions are inevitably subjective and are for guidance only.
Whilst the Owner has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained in its brochures, websites, tariffs, leaflets, advertisements and any other form of promotional material are accurate, the owner reserve the right to alter, substitute or withdraw any service, facilities or amenity.
Fire Safety & Access Statement
Access statement available on request - please contact us by email
Our properties meet required standards for Fire Safety
Type Self Catering
Sleeps 2 - 6
£260 - £830 per week
Oldaport is a small sheep farm of 80 acres, lying in the Erme Valley, offering lovely views of the Devon countryside.
The four self catering cottages, which sleep 2/6, were redundant stone barns which have been carefully converted into comfortable holiday homes. All fully equipped, heating in all rooms. Sandy beaches nearby, Dartmoor 8 miles. Excellent bird watching. No dogs in high season. Brochure available.
WELL PARK COTTAGE is a spacious cottage for six with one double bed, one twin and a bunk bedroom with full size beds, together with a bathroom with shower over bath/wc on the first floor. On the ground floor are hall, large lounge and kitchen/diner. ETC 4 Star.
POINTS PARK COTTAGE is a cottage for two with a double bedroom (king size bed) and bathroom with shower over bath/wc on the ground floor; the kitchen and lounge are upstairs, giving views over the surrounding countryside. There is a bed settee in the lounge if required. ETC 4 Star
Additional Directions Information
Car arrival: Twenty five miles southwest of Exeter leave the A38 at Wrangton Cross exit, turn left - After one mile - Turn right at crossroad onto the A3121 - Follow road to the A379 - Turn left towards Modbury (opposite Flete House) - Turn right at sharp bend, signposted Orcheton - Oldaport on right at top of hill after 1.2 miles.
8 Results Found
The Garden House(13.5m away) (01822) 854769
The Garden House is a magical place: a place designed to meld with its surrounding landscape to create an almost ethereal beauty; a place where luxuriant, brilliant colour creates unforgettable panoramas; a place where the past meets the present and stands at the gate of a bright future. + Read More