BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payment: For a booking made more than 4 weeks before your holiday starts, a non-refundable 25% deposit of the total cost of your holiday is required. The balance of monies due is payable to the owners no later than 4 weeks before the arrival date. Bookings made within 4 weeks of your holiday date must be paid for in full and in advance of occupation of the property.
Cancellation: You should notify us immediately should you consider it necessary to cancel your holiday. Every effort will be made to re-let the cottage, and if we are successful, you will receive a full refund, less the deposit and an administrative charge of £50 per booking. If we are unsuccessful in reletting the cottage you will be liable to pay the full cost of the holiday, whether or not the final balance of the cost has been paid at the time of cancellation. Visitors are responsible for their own cancellation insurance arrangements. The owners reserve the right in the case of an emergency, to cancel any booking at any time and return any sums which have been paid in advance.
Damage: The holidaymaker shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and is responsible for leaving the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition as found at the beginning of the rental. Responsibility is to include all furnishings, utensils, crockery and linen and although you might not be charged for minor breakages, you are responsible for all damage or breakages.
Sleeping capacity: The number of persons using the holiday property is not to exceed the maximum number stated at the time of booking.
Occupation Times: Rentals commence from 4pm on the day of arrival until 10 am on the day of departure. We will try to be flexible with these times where, for example, you have young children and babies. However this is subject to scheduling and availability. Please discuss your requirements with us prior to your stay.
Pets: We regret that strictly no pets are permitted. However we can supply details of local kennels/catterys if required.
Smoking: Smoking is not allowed inside the cottages.
Cars: There is ample uncovered parking, security lit at night.
Complaints: If you have any complaints or problems during your stay please contact the owners.
Liability and descriptions: The use of holiday accommodation and any facilities is entirely at the holidaymaker's own risk and no liability is accepted for any loss, damage, sickness or injury sustained during the holiday to any member of the party, or personal belongings. Every effort has been made to ensure that the description of both Meadow View and The Granary and any other descriptions contained in the brochure and website pages are correct. We reserve the right to make modifications to the cottage specifications that are considered necessary. Care must be taken by guests at all times. Parents are advised in particular to ensure that children are accompanied by a responsible adult to ensure that when children are near our farm equipment, playing tennis or around our lake they are safe and not left unattended. We do not accept responsibility for any damage to or loss of guest's property, cars or contents and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all actions, proceedings and claims (including reasonable legal fees incurred in defending the same) arising from your acts or omissions (and those in your party) whilst on our premises.
Access Statement For The Granary and Meadow View
Nestling in the heart of peaceful rural Essex, this is the perfect location to take a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Daw Street Farm is a 500 acre arable farm in Finchingfield, Essex. The accommodation is separate from the main farm house in two beautifully converted farm buildings. Both combine original barn features with modern luxury. They offer countryside views, comfort, and the promise of a good night's sleep.
Nestling in the centre of a working farm these cottages enjoy far reaching views abundant with wildlife. You can enjoy country walks; there are footpaths across many of the surrounding fields. Our fishing lake attracts a wealth of wildlife including herons, badgers, kingfishers, woodpeckers and swans.
As well as the immediate surroundings there is much more to explore besides in the local area. A car drive away is the beautiful picture-postcard village of Finchingfield, with its tea room, antique and gift shops and windmill and many pubs offering good food.
Further afield you can explore other historic towns and villages: Lavenham, Long Melford, Clare, Colchester (Colchester Zoo among the attractions), Chelmsford, Thaxted, Saffron Walden. If you enjoy golf there is a course nearby at Gosfield. Gosfield also has a lake for sailing and waterskiing.
• We have a web-site and are also listed with The Farm Stay UK and the East Of England Tourist Board.
• Bookings / Enquiries can be made via e-mail or phone
• The nearest bus stop is one mile away in Finchingfield.
• The nearest train station is 10 miles away at either Braintree or Stansted Airport
• We can arrange for shopping to be delivered, please advise before arrival of your requirements.
• Breakfast pack including locally sourced bacon, sausages and eggs on arrival.
• We have introduced a no smoking policy inside both cottages.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities:
• Luggage can be unloaded at the front of the cottages in the farm yard.
• Parking for 2 cars for each cottage is on a gravelled area, signposted in the farm yard.
• The entrance at the front of The Granary and Meadow View has a slight slope. The doors are 82 cm wide and are inward opening onto a carpeted area.
• Parking is 10 metres away from both cottages, which are entered through a small gate 82cm wide onto a gravel and paved area, which is wheelchair accessible.
Main Entrance & Reception:
• The entrance at the front of both cottages has a slight incline.
• Inside the front entrance of The Granary is the hallway with storage cupboards under the stairs and coat hooks on the wall, leading off the hallway through a fire door is the lounge.
• There is free space (clear of doors and furniture)in the hallway of The Granary of 5ft by 5ft
• In Meadow View the main entrance leads straight into the lounge with storage in the corridor which leads off the lounge area through a door.
• There is a standard size washing machine which is front loading, provided in the integrated kitchen of both cottages.
• Local food shops 1 mile away, in both Finchingfield and Great Bardfield. Also a post office in both villages, with banking facilities.
• Access to grassed tennis court. Rackets and balls provided.
The Granary gives spacious accommodation for up to 6 guests over 2 floors. One entire side of the ground floor is glazed, giving lots of natural light. The barn's character has been maintained, with exposed stone wall and timbers.
• Accessed from the entrance porch via a door 82 cm wide(The Granary)
• Flooring is short pile carpet fitted throughout
• Original features including beams and flint walls
• Furniture is movable and there are plenty of non feather cushions provided.
• Large 3 piece suite and occasional tables with magazines
• TV/ DVD player provided with remote controls(also available are DVD’s, stereo with CD and tape)
• Bookcase with numerous books and literature on days out.
• Large standard lamps
• Coat stand (Meadow View)
• All power sockets 42cm from the floor
• All light switches 110cm from floor
• Door opening onto lounge 82cm wide
• Tiled glazed floor
• Free space 3.5 ft x 6ft
• Toilet and free standing basin
• All bedrooms are accessed via an open staircase in the hallway with hand rails and balustrades.
• All doors have self closers on them.
• Bedroom 1 consists of one large double bedroom sleeping 2 in a large 5ft bed.
• Door width 74 cm, free standing mirror,2 easy chairs, built in wardrobe, chest of drawers, Dressing table,2 bedside cabinets and lamps.
• Bed height is 64 cm floor to top of mattress
• Largest free space clear of doors and furniture is 20x18ft
• Bedroom 2 is 19 x11ft
• 1 pair of bunk beds 3 ft x 6ft, 2 single beds, chest of drawers with bedside cupboards and lamps, ceiling lights with switches by single beds, small free standing wardrobe, large mirror on wall, all windows double glazed.
Meadow View gives accommodation for up to 4 guests on one level. Meadow View provides disabled friendly accommodation
All bedrooms are accessed off the lounge and main corridor, leading into one single bedroom containing a set of bunk beds, wardrobe, bedside cupboard, Bedside light with a main ceiling light and small chest of drawers, with large wall hanging mirror.
Main bedroom consists of a large 5ft double bed with bedside cupboards and lamps, large wardrobe and chest of drawers.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC:
• Large corner shower cubicle available in both cottages, sliding doors opening from the corners, with a bath also in The Granary bathroom.
• Toilet seat height in both cottages is 42 cm.
• Door width 74cm.
• Bathroom shared with all upstairs rooms in The Granary.
• Pull light switches with extractor fans in both bathrooms.
• Bath height in The Granary is 54 cm, integral bath rails available on both sides.
• Non-slip vinyl flooring in The Granary and glazed marble tiles in the shower room in Meadow View.
• Large towel rails in both cottages
• The kitchens of both accommodation are entered off the lounge with doorway widths of 86cm.
• Worktop height is 92 cm
• Oven door is drop down; height of lowest shelf is 36cm from floor, which can be accessed from either side.
• Sink is 92 cm high, hob is 92 cm high.
• Table provided with height of 74cm and under space of 68cm, 176 cm long
• Flooring is original tiled floor
• Free space of 5ftx11ft in The Granary and 5ftx12ft in Meadow View
• Large fridge freezer available, highest shelf in fridge is 146 cm and the lowest drawer in freezer is 12cm from the floor.
• Evenly lit kitchen with spotlights above work surfaces where required.
• All cutlery and china, pots and pans are provided.
• A fully integrated dishwasher/washing machine
Grounds and Gardens:
• A large private patio separate from the farmyard, with garden furniture and outside bbq, totally enclosed.
• All light switches and power points are at a sensible height to reach from sitting and standing position.
• Good mobile phone reception.
• Address: Daw Street Farm, Finchingfield, Braintree, Essex CM74LQ
• Telephone: 01371-810315
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.essexfarmholiday.co.uk
• Grid reference: 692 317
• Emergency number: 07951972746
• Local doctors – Freshwell Health Centre, Finchingfield 01371-81032201371-810322
• Nearest hospital – Chelmsford 01245-44076101245-440761
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01371-810315 or email:- email@example.com
Call Send SMS Add to Skype You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype