Reservations & Deposit – A non-refundable deposit equivalent to 25% of the cost of the holiday cottage is required to secure your reservation in Newton Grange Holiday Cottages, where reservations are made more than 6 weeks in advance of the date of stay. For bookings made less than 6 weeks before the commencement date, the total cost of the holiday is payable in full.
Payment – We accept payment by cash, bank transfer, cheque (payable to ‘John Howard Estates’) or debit card. Payments may also be made by credit card and a 2% surcharge on the total value of the transaction is payable.
Balance – The balance is payable in full 6 weeks prior to the commencement of your holiday. In the event of payment not being received 6 weeks prior to the start date; the owner reserves the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit.
Booking Confirmation – Your reservation will only be complete when payment has cleared and you have received confirmation from us.
Cancellations – In the event of cancellation, we will make all reasonable effort to re-let the accommodation, but if this fails, guests are kindly reminded that they are liable for the costs incurred. Guests are reminded that a booking is a legally binding contract and the deposit is non-refundable. After the balance has been paid in full, if we are able to re-let the property, the balance will be refunded and the deposit retained.
We advise that Holiday Cancellation Insurance is considered.
The Holiday Cottages reserve the right to cancel a booking forthwith without liability on its part in the event of damage or destruction to the Holiday Cottages by fire or other causes, any shortage of labour, or any other cause beyond its control that prevents it from performing its obligations in connection with any reservation. In such an event, the Holiday Cottages will refund the full cost of the deposit.
Arrival Time – The cottages are available from 4pm on the arrival day. Details regarding collection of the key will be provided to guests on booking.
Departure Time – Guests are requested to vacate by 10am on the day of departure.
Breakages and Spillages – Newton Grange guests are asked to report any breakages or spillages that occur during their stay. If guests depart without reporting breakages or spillages that have occurred, we reserve the right to invoice guests following departure.
Maintenance – The owner shall be allowed access at any reasonable time in order to carry out necessary maintenance.
Guests – The number of guests staying in the cottages must not exceed the numbers on the booking form and the maximum numbers for the cottage. This is essential in order to adhere to our insurance policy and meet health and safety requirements.
Pets – Sorry, but Newton Grange Cottages do not take pets.
Smoking - Newton Grange Cottages are non-smoking premises.
Property Names – Newton Grange Cottages include six holiday cottages: Nuttleber Cottage, Mickleber Cottage, Moorber Cottage, Hulber Cottage, Turnbers Cottage and Newton Cottage.
Description – The cottages include three houses and three apartments, all of which have separate entrances.
• Full details of our accommodation can be found at www.newton-grange.co.uk.
• Please call or email us to book (01756 748140, firstname.lastname@example.org).
• The nearest bus stop is in Gargrave, 2 miles away.
• The nearest train station is in Gargrave, 2 miles away.
• The nearest food shop is in Gargrave, 2 miles away (The Co-operative).
• The nearest pub/restaurants are in East Marton (1.2 miles away along the bridleway) and also in Gargrave, 2 miles away.
• The nearest petrol station is in Skipton, 6 miles away.
Arrival & Car Parking
• There is a tarmacadam car park for the benefit of Newton Grange Cottages.
• 40 car parking spaces are provided for all sizes of car.
• There is good space to unload once parked and vehicles can be parked close to the entrances of each cottage for unloading.
• The car park itself is approximately 50m from the cottages.
• It is not a pay and display car park.
• Each cottage has one main entrance with a door width of 0.8m and keyhole height of 0.93m.
• Additionally, Mickleber, Moorber and Hulber Cottages have double width patio doors at ground floor level with access to outside. Nuttleber Cottage has patio doors on to a balcony at first floor level. Hulber Cottage also has an external door at first floor level to the balcony next to the entrance to Nuttleber Cottage.
• Each cottage has an entrance step up to the front door over the door lintel. There is an external stone flight of stairs to access Nuttleber Cottage with 14 steps, following 2 steps from the driveway.
Living & Dining Rooms
• The flooring in all the living and dining rooms is carpet.
• The door widths are generally 0.81m in to the living rooms.
• There is good space between the furniture, which is moveable.
• The kitchens in all of the cottages have tiled floors.
• The worktop heights are 0.9m.
• The ovens are set low underneath the worktop.
• Crockery is stored high.
• Nuttleber, Mickleber, Moorber and Hulber Cottages have tall fridge freezers with the freezer height reaching to 0.85m and the fridge running from 0.85m to 2.15m tall.
• Turnbers and Newton Cottages have fridges that sit underneath the kitchen worktop and are approximately 0.85m tall and have an internal freezer compartment.
• An additional communal chest freezer is available for use of all holidaymakers. This is situated in the Wash House at Newton Grange.
Bedrooms & Landings
• Newton and Mickleber Cottage are both entirely on the ground floor.
• Nuttleber Cottage is entirely on the first floor.
• Moorber, Hulber and Turnbers Cottages are situated on the ground and first floor with wooden staircases between each floor.
• The flooring on the landings is carpet.
• Bed sizes are a mixture of 3-4ft, 4’6” ft and 5 ft.
• Mickleber, Nuttleber and Moorber Cottages all have 5 ft beds in their master bedrooms.
• Hulber, Turnbers and Newton Cottages all have 4’6” fit beds in their master bedrooms.
Bathrooms & Cloakrooms
• The door widths are 0.82m.
• There are ground floor WCs in all cottages except Nuttleber Cottage, which is located to the first floor.
• There are ground floor shower rooms in Mickleber Cottage, Turnbers Cottage and Newton Cottage.
• None of the showers have level access and each requires a step up. A shower seat is available upon request.
• The showers do have a grab rail fitted.
• The flooring in bathrooms is tiled.
• There is a patio outside the patio and an area of grass to the rear of the cottages.
• There is a level, paved pathway around the outside of the cottages.
• There are wooden picnic benches on the patio to sit on.
• There is automatic outside lighting at night.
• There is not colour contrast of critical surfaces.
• There are not footpaths to follow for visually / mobility impaired.
• There are not barriers to entry in to any part of the garden.
• There are not any hazards such as ponds, water features or steep areas.
• Mobile phone reception is generally available depending on the network provider, with some networks having much better signal outside the property rather than inside.
• The cottages are non-smoking premises.
• Accommodation is available all year round.