Revised October 2017
Terms & Conditions: Self-Catering Bookings
- A 25% deposit is payable within 7 days of booking to secure your booking and the balance must be paid 4 weeks prior to your arrival. If your booking is made less than 4 weeks before your holiday then we require the full amount at time of booking. Booking a holiday constitutes a legally binding contract between you and the proprietors of Double-Gate B&B.
- Should you wish to cancel your booking this must be done in writing. The cancellation will be effective on the date the written notification is received at Double-Gate B&B. Every attempt will be made to obtain a replacement booking however if this is not possible then you will be liable for the full amount. If a replacement is obtained then we will refund all monies paid to you for the property rental less any difference made by the replacement client. A cancellation charge of £25 will be payable to cover our administration costs.
- Payment can be made by debit card or cash with no fees.
- We very strongly recommend that you take out holiday insurance prior to your holiday.
- In the unlikely event of us not being able to accommodate your booking due to any system errors or similar, we will do our best to inform you within 24 hours of your booking and offer you alternative accommodation (if possible) or make a refund immediately.
- Tenancy commences at 16.00hrs on the day of arrival and ends at 10.00hrs on the day of departure. Earlier arrival may be possible to drop off luggage – this must be discussed with the proprietor prior to arrival. We like you to leave the accommodation by 10.00hrs as the cleaner arrives to start work in preparing the cottage for the next guests at that time. If the cleaner is prevented from gaining access to the accommodation to commence work a fee of late departure £50 will become payable. In off-peak times of the year a late departure may be available and again, this must be arranged with the proprietor beforehand.
- The total number of the guests must not exceed that disclosed on the booking form. Additional guests are not allowed to either stay or use the facilities.
- The hirer is responsible for the property and is expected to take all reasonable care of it. At the end of the hire period the property must be left clean and tidy as it was found.
- Please report all breakages, damages and loses to the proprietor. Although we will not normally charge for minor accidental damages we do stress that the contents are the legal responsibility of the hirer and their cost or replacement is refundable on demand.
- Price includes use of the laundry facilities, central heating, hot water, electricity, bed linen and towels. Towels must remain in the property, beach towels are not provided. If you wish to use the log burner in the winter, the first basket of logs and kindling is provided but subsequent baskets of wood and kindling are chargeable at £5/basket.
- Travel cot, highchair and a wheel in shower chair are available at no extra cost. Please book in advance to ensure availability.
- In the summer time use of our BBQ at your own risk is permitted. There is a cleaning charge of £25 if not cleaned after use. We do not provide charcoal.
- At ALL times due to Fire Risk we do not permit candles/tea lights to be lit in the bedrooms, en-suites, lounge, dining room or kitchen.
- Smoking/vaping is not permitted in any of our rooms. It is allowed outside in the garden.
- Guests are liable for the full replacement costs of bed linen and towels ruined specifically by fake tan or hair dye products. Unscheduled bed linen changes required due to the use of these products will be charged at £25 per bed change.
- Although we do not farm ourselves now, Double-Gate Farm is still a working farm with machinery and livestock so care must be taken at all times. We cannot accept any responsibility for injuries, loss or damage sustained to individuals or property whilst on or around the farm. Please be sensible and respect the countryside, animals, residents and other guests.
- Children should be supervised by adults.
- Assistance dogs are allowed to stay but general pets are not allowed to stay. They must not be left alone in the house or allowed on furniture or beds. Outside they must be properly controlled, cleaned up after and kept away from children’s play areas.
- Car parking is provided. No responsibility can be accepted for the loss or damage to any vehicle or its contents whilst parked at Double-Gate B&B property.
- If you wish to arrange a supermarket food delivery for the day of your arrival please speak with the proprietor beforehand to ensure that someone is available to accept the delivery. We can pack refrigerated and frozen food items away for you at no extra cost.
- We will not be liable for any accident, damage, loss or injury whether to personal items and belongings or to an individual.
- Should you encounter any problems however small during your stay then please inform the proprietors immediately and we will do our best to rectify them. This includes any items you believe to be missing from the property. No rebates will be given for mechanical failure of any kind and every effort will be made to effect repair. Please do not wait until the end or after your tenancy as it will be too late to put things right for you. Complaints received after your holiday will not be accepted if we have not had prior notification.
- Please be aware that we are a family run business and do not have full time office administrators. Whilst we are unable to always offer an immediate response to emails we do our best to respond within 24 hours but this is not guaranteed. If you have an urgent enquiry or request it is often quicker to pick the phone up and give us a call: 01458 832217/07843 924079.
A more comprehensive Access Statement can be emailed to you by request.
Double-Gate Farm is 4 miles from Glastonbury, 6 miles from Wells, 5 miles from Street.
It is a rural location, no public transport, no street lighting.
All ground floor areas are accessible in all buildings, by wheelchair (NAS M3).
All interior and exterior doorways are extra wide and will accommodate wheelchair entry.
Double-Gate Farm Farmhouse
Farmhouse has fire doors, smoke alarms, heat detectors and fire extinguishers.
All ground floor areas in the farmhouse are level with no steps and carpeted.
Farmhouse has fire doors, smoke alarms, fire extinguishers.
Garden Dining Room
Large dining room with 180 degree scenic views of garden and meadows.
Solid roof with down lighters, ceiling fans and ambient low level lighting. All tables accessible.
Fire door to kitchen, heat & smoke detectors, fire extinguishers.
Quad, Triple, Double, Twin occupancy.
Wet rooms have non-slip flooring, roll in shower, choice of seating, grab rails. Roll under and standard wash basins with sensory activated, illuminated mirrors. WC with wall grab rail, drop down rail and toilet riser (if required).
(Self-Catering & B&B)
For the independent wheelchair traveller, Swallow Barn has an optional pull cord alarm system in the bedroom and en-suite. Optional extras: wheel in shower chair, wall hung shower seat, shake awake alarm clocks and a spare wheelchair as in the Riversides.
Assistance dogs welcome. Blanket, water bowl and treats supplied.
Swallow Barn has smoke alarms, fire extinguishers and fire blanket.
Lock-up secure cycle storage is available in the Boiler Room where there is ample storage for bicycles, tandems and motor bikes. Entry is by one step or a larger entry on the level.
Taxi: AJ Taxis in Street operate a taxi that is fully accessible with a hydraulic ramp and internal fixings to secure both normal wheelchairs and motorised wheelchairs. Their telephone number is 07877 886797
Equipment Hire: Medequip (Taunton Branch) is the ‘go to’ number for anything you need to hire: hoists, bed guards etc. Their number is 01823 259993