The Coach House
The Coach House
The coach House at Gateham Grange, Alstonefield
Spacious country kitchen
View of Wetton Hill, Nr Manifold Valley, Peak District
Coach House and Dovecote, nr Alstonefield
family room with carved bed
Family Room, Alstonefield
Antique linen fold bedroom suite, the Coach House, Alstonefield
Double room has vanity unit
Spacious and thoughtfully restored The Coach House offers a double room with vanity unit and a pleasant family room (double and adult bunks) with...
- Spacious and thoughtfully restored The Coach House offers a double room with vanity unit and a pleasant family room (double and adult bunks) with antique furnishings.
- The upstairs bathroom has a bath with shower over.
- Having a toilet on both levels this cottage is great for families and people with limited mobility
- It has a spacious kitchen/diner and the lounge is a bright and homely room that catches the sun and enjoys fine views of Wetton Hill
- Storage heating included, electricity for cooking, lighting and hot water by a £1 pre-payment meter
- There is ample parking
- One dog is welcome by prior arrangement
- Small private garden for relaxing with splendid views as far as the eye can see
- Pastoral and peaceful, a haven for wildlife and birds
- Short breaks are welcome out of the main season. Please do contact us for details and prices.
" The reception from the Flower family could not have been better. All three were prepared to chat about their farm and this made a big difference to us. We felt welcome and not an inconvenience on their working farm. Even their bull was so docile we thought it was actually a pet. Life on the farm appeared to be like a silent movie as work was taking place. We could see it all but there was so little noise we could relax in a quiet atmosphere
As a base to explore from it is ideally situated, and we had no problem driving to the towns and attractions in the Peak District. The weather was also very kind to us. Even when using the washing machine and iron during the week we were surprised just how little it cost for electricity. When can we visit again? It will certainly be on our wish list for next year." I Kerry
Activities & Experiences
Child & Toddler Friendly Holidays
Dark Sky Area
National Park or AONB
Additional Directions Information
Directions to Gateham Grange from Ashbourne, Derbyshire
From Ashbourne take the A515 signposted Buxton. Continue on this road for about 5 and a half miles and then turn off Left signposted for Alstonefield just before the Newton House Hotel. Follow Alstonefield signs and after about 2 miles you will come to the village of Alstonefield, keep right through village (Hulme End road). One and a half miles outside Alstonefield at first crossroads turn left signposted Wetton. The Farm is immediately on your right.
Directions to Gateham Grange from Buxton, Derbyshire
From Buxton take the A515 signposted towards Ashbourne Approximately 10 miles on your right take the B5054 towards Hartington. Go through the Village staying on the B5054 after a further 2 miles turn at the Manifold Inn left towards Alstonefield. Continue for approximately 1 and a half miles and at the first crossroads you come to turn right signposted Wetton. The Farm is immediately on your right.
Directions to Gateham Grange from Leek, Staffordshire
From Leek take the A52 to Ashbourne for approximately 5 miles. At the crossroads turn left onto the B5053 towards Warslow. After the village of Warslow turn right on to the B5054 towards Hartington. After about 1 Mile turn right at the Manifold Inn towards Alstonefield. Continue for approximately 1 and a half miles and at the first crossroads you come to turn right signposted Wetton. The Farm is immediately on your right.