Welcome to Northumberland
An area of immense beauty
Northumberland is an area of immense beauty, yet still little known to many. From its northern most tip running along the border with Scotland, to its southern most point taking in the North Pennines, Northumberland offers dramatic landscapes and a cultural history which is still being uncovered. A few highlights include:
- Northumberland National Park
- Hadrian's Wall World Heritage Site
- Kielder Water and Forest Park
- Northumberland Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- The Holy Island of Lindisfarne
- The most castles of any County in England
The towns and villages of Northumberland pepper the sparsley populated region, offering traditions and a unique cultural history, much of which has been guided by its geographic position on the borderlands of England and Scotland.
Farm B&Bs and Farm holiday cottages in Northumberland offer a great base for exploring the area.