North Yorkshire Events
Throughout the year there are a number of events in North Yorkshire. All tastes and ages are catered for and although there are too many to list we include a few here to whet your appetite.....
- Horse Racing at Ripon, Thirsk, Wetherby, Catterick and York. Various dates.
- Open days at the Racing stables - Middleham - Good Friday.
- Yorvik Viking Festival - February.
- Harrogate Spring Flower Show - April & September.
- Three Peaks Fell Race, Horton-in -Ribblesdale - April.
- Flag Festival and Sheep Shambles, Settle - May.
- Malham Safari - end of May Bank Holiday.
- Whitby Walking Festival - June.
- Malton Show - July.
- Hawes Gala - June.
- Great Yorkshire Show, Harrogate - 3 days early July.
- Pickering Traction Engine Rally, Pickering - July.
- Kettlewell Scarecrow Festival, Kettlewell - Mid August.
- Whitby regatta - August.
- Wensleydale Show, Leyburn - August Bank Holiday weekend.
- Reeth Show - end of August.
- Kilnsey Show - First Tuesday after August Bank Holiday.
- War Time Weekend North Yorkshire Moors Railway - October.
Antique fairs are held throughout the year in various locations like Harrogate, Duncombe Park, York.
Throughout the year there are many other events. When visiting an area it is always a good idea to check the local press or visit the local Tourist Information Centre.
Take a look at our Yorkshire Farm Stay
accommodation available in North Yorkshire to book your ideal countryside holiday or short break to coincide with your selected events above.