West Yorkshire Events
West Yorkshire has many different events throughout the year making it a great destination for all seasons of the year. Below are just a few tasters that you may find of interest......
- In late January and early February 'The Trail and Festival of Rhubarb takes place in Wakefield.
- Bradford hosts a film festival in March.
- In April the World Coal Carrying Championships are held at Ossett followed by the Halifax Young Musicians Festival.
- Holmfirth hosts a Folk Festival in May and Otley holds its annual Agriculture Show in May.
- Otley gets in party mood in June with its annual Carnival.
- Todmorden Agriculture Show is also in mid June followed by Harden Moss Sheepdog Trials.
- Harewood Show is in August.
- The Bradford Festival of Food and Drink gets underway in early September and the Calderdale Walking Festival a couple of weeks later gives you an opportunity to walk off the excess!
Many of the towns and villages host Victorian Christmas fairs in the weekends running up to Christmas, and you can sample the delights of local seasonal fayre.
The County Cricket home - Headingley is a must for cricket fans when the Test match comes to town, and many other major sporting events are held throughout the region.
Take a look at the West Yorkshire B&B and Self Catering accommodation offered below to find your ideal countryside stay while attending your chosen event.