Kings Lodge comfortably sleeps 10 people in 4 bedrooms and has a wonderful swimming pool that overlooks the estuary. It is located on Kings Manor...
Kings Lodge comfortably sleeps 10 people in 4 bedrooms and has a wonderful swimming pool that overlooks the estuary. It is located on Kings Manor Farm which is a 650 acre mixed sheep and arable farm surrounding the River Yar and providing one of the most exciting environmental habitats in southern England with an extraordinary range of biodiversity. The family have preserved the estuary in its natural state for 40 years, treating the tidal area as a wildlife sanctuary and it is spectacular for bird-watching.
This property is a beautiful big stone farm cottage, renovated to the highest standards, with plenty of living space. Flagstone and wooden floors throughout the ground floor, complement the building and its furnishings. The house is centrally heated and for our winter guests there is a beautiful open fire. There is a private courtyard which leads into the pool room and on through to the swimming pool enclosure. This is set in an orchard that leads down to the banks of the Estuary.
Ground floor layout:
• French windows lead from the private courtyard into the entrance hall
• Large farmhouse kitchen/dining room with open fireplace, double oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer. Fully equipped for 12 people
• Spacious sitting room with TV/DVD
• One twin bedroom with en-suite shower room
• Downstairs cloakroom/WC
• Pool changing room/utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, additional WC and shower (this is separate to the house and is accessible through the courtyard)
First Floor lay out:
• Master bedroom with super-king size bed and en-suite bathroom including bath and shower
• Family Bedroom with 2 single beds and two full size bunk beds and additional small child’s bed
• Twin Bedroom
• Large family bathroom
• Heated outdoor swimming pool (May-Sept)
• Use of Tennis Court
• Open fire (logs provided)
• Linen and towels provided
• Travel cot and High Chair
• Courtyard with outdoor furniture and BBQ
• Freeview TV & Wi Fi
• There is access from a private slipway to the tidal waters of the River Yar (this slipway is accessible to small boats at high water and by arrangement, larger Ribs can be moored or stored on land)
• Bring your own Horse: If you wish to bring your horse or pony with you we are able to offer a number of DIY horse and pony liveries in our stables and paddocks at Kings Manor.