Booking Terms and Conditions for Self Catering Reservations
Welcome: Thank you for choosing to book with Hill House Farm. We look forward to welcoming you to our family farm. When you make this booking you are entering an agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions of booking.
CONTRACT: The contract for a short term holiday rental shall be made between Hill House Farm, referred to as ‘the Owners', and the client, and will be entered into when Hill House Farm issues the confirmation, subject to all the following booking conditions.
1. RESERVATIONS: These will only be accepted on receipt of £100 deposit. Please note that all deposits are non refundable. The full balance must be paid at least 4 weeks prior to your stay (we're sorry, but we can't send reminders). No refund will be made if cancelled during the 4 week period but we will endeavour to find you an alternative week.
2. Where applicable, the date on which the final balance is required will be set out with the acknowledgement of reservation.
3. MINORS: No bookings can be accepted by those under 18 years of age.
4. Under no circumstances can the total number of persons exceed the number stated in the brochure for the cottage, unless written permission is obtained from the owners.
5. CARE OF THE PROPERTY: The client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and condition and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning of the rental.
Hill House Farm reserve the right to charge the client for any breakages, damage or extra cleaning required of the property found on or after departure.
6. Should the owners be unable to reserve any of the accommodation requested then the deposit would be returned in full. In the extremely unlikely event of the owners cancellation of the booking, the owners liability will be limited to the immediate return in full of all monies paid. Should the owners have to alter a booking then the owners liability shall be limited to the offer of alternative accommodation of similar type and value or return of the deposit/monies paid.
7. CANCELLATION: Any cancellation made by the client for whatever reason shall be in writing and addressed to the Mrs C Rayner, Hill House Farm, Rushton, Tarporley, Cheshire, CW6 9AU, or email email@example.com. The client remains liable for the full balance of the accommodation. The deposit is forfeited but the owners will seek to re-let the property for the booking period and if successful will normally refund the monies paid, less an administration charge for any additional expenses incurred.
8. CANCELLATION INSURANCE: In view of the above, Hill House Farm strongly recommends that Clients take out insurance cover to protect against the cancellation penalty.
9. PERIOD OF HIRE: Rentals commence, unless otherwise agreed with the owners, at 4.00 p.m. on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00 am on the day of departure. If Clients do not arrive by 12 noon on the day following commencement of booking and the owners have not received notification, the owners shall be entitled to re-let forthwith. If the property is not re-let the Client remains liable for the full hire charge.
10. DOGS: The owners will accept by prior arrangement and which must be paid for at time of booking. Dogs must be over 6 months of age and fully housetrained. They must be kept under control and are not permitted on the furniture or upstairs in the cottages. They must not be left unattended in the cottages at any time.
11. AMENITIES: Use of all amenities where offered is entirely at the clients risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to guests belongings, cars or their contents.
12. BREACH OF CONTRACT / RIGHT OF ENTRY: If there shall be a breach of any of these conditions, the Owners reserve the right to re-enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice to the other rights and remedies of the owners. The Owners shall be allowed the right to enter any property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
13. PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD. If payment for a booking is made by credit card over the telephone, the client is deemed to have read all the Booking Conditions and agrees to be bound to them.
14. The owners reserve the right to alter prices without prior notice
15. All incidental expenses must be paid in full either during your holiday or prior to departure.
16. Data: Any data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Copyright © 2019, Catherine Rayner. All rights reserved.
Fire Safety Measures:
- Where possible, keep doors closed at all times
- Where possible, electrical appliances should be isolated at the switch/socket
- Take care with smoking materials/candles – please smoke outside the building
- Keep all heaters clear of combustibles
- Know the fire routine procedure
- Never leave cookers/irons unattended
Fire Safety Measures:
- Stay calm
- Put out the fire if it is safe to do so – do not take any risks
- Get everyone out of the building
- Call the fire service - give them full address and postcode
- Stay out
Postcode CW6 9AU
- The car park has a level gravel surface with enough room to park six cars
- There is a short level walk from the car park to the front door
- The front door is 100 cm wide
- The Cottage is on two levels
- Assistance dogs are welcome and can be taken out for walks upon request.
- Wi-fi is available
- The Bedroom and bathroom are both on the first floor, accessed via stairs.
- All units are standard height with built in appliances
- The Lounge, Kitchen & Dining area are all open plan
- Guest information can be provided in large print
- All guests will be offered help with their luggage to their room
- Well behaved guest dogs are welcome by arrangement
- Catherine Rayner has completed a Welcome Host Plus training course and a Disability Awareness course
- We welcome feedback and suggestions to help us make your stay even better, if you have any questions or comments please call or email us.
- The nearest railway station is Crewe, which is approximately 20 minutes away.
- The nearest bus link is Tarporley, which is approximately 3 miles away.