1. The Hirer: Is responsible for the holiday cottage and is expected to take all reasonable care. The cottage is thoroughly cleaned prior to the Hirer's arrival and must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period.
2. Arrivals and Departures: All bookings run weekly from Saturday to Saturday. Bookings are from 3pm on the day of arrival and until 10am on the day of departure.
3. Prices: All prices include electricity, towels and linen.
4. Deposit: Bookings will not be confirmed until a 20% deposit of the total accommodation rental is received. However, if the booking is made within 8 weeks of the commencement date, the full rental will be required.
5. The Balance Of Hire: This will be due for payment 8 weeks before the commencement date and Penfound Country Cottage reserve the right to cancel a holiday where full payment has not been received 8 weeks before the commencement date and to retain the deposit if re-letting is not possible.
6. Damage: Damages and breakages are the legal responsibility of the Hirer and their cost shall be refundable on demand. However, minor accidental breakages will not normally be charged for.
7. Motor Cars and Personal Belongings: Baggage and personal belongings are the Hirer's risk at all times. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to motor cars.
8. Party Size: No more than the maximum number of persons as stated for the holiday cottage is permitted.
9. Children: Our cottage has a bedroom with twin beds in it. A travel cot, high chair and stair-gate are not available, but you are more than welcome to bring your own.
10. Bed Linen: Provided in the form of duvet covers, bottom sheets and pillow cases. Bath towels are also provided. Please bring your own beach towels though. All beds will be made up. Hirers should also bring their own cot bedding.
11. Pets: Sorry, we do not accept pets.
12. Smoking: In the interests of safety we have a 'No Smoking' policy inside the holiday cottage or conservatory. You can certainly smoke outside the cottage though.
13. Fire Extinguisher: This is provided in the kitchen area and Hirers should locate it and the means of escape in the event of a fire, as soon as they arrive.
14. Non Availability: If for any reason beyond the owners control (e.g. fire damage), the property is not available on the date booked, all advance payments will be refunded in full and the hirer shall have no further claim against Penfound Country Cottage.
15. Equipment: Penfound Country Cottage undertake to repair or replace any faulty equipment with all due diligence. However, no claims will be entertained in respect of equipment which remains faulty for reasons beyond our control.
16. Reservations: Penfound Country Cottage reserve the right to decline accommodation and demand the immediate withdrawal of any persons behaving in a manner detrimental to the property or comfort of the farm owners or neighbours.
17. Cancellation: In the event that you should have to cancel your holiday the deposit is non-refundable but we will do our best to offer an alternative date, if available. If it is not possible to re-let the accommodation and it is within 8 weeks of your holiday start date then you will also be liable to pay the balance due. We strongly advise that you take out travel insurance which includes cancellation cover.