Terms & Conditions
1. Please send a deposit of one third of the rent, the balance to be paid at least one month before the commencement of the holiday, unless you are booking within six weeks of the start date when the full rent should be sent. Telephone bookings are held for four days until payment is received.
2. In the event of cancellation, you will be liable to pay the total amount due, please advise us immediately. If it is possible to re-let the property then 70% of the cost will be returned. It is advisable to take out insurance against cancellation.
3. The proprietors reserve the right to terminate your stay if any occupants are believed to be causing a nuisance to other guests, or are not treating the property with respect.
4. The proprietors shall not be liable to you, or any other member of your party for any loss, or damage to you or your property, however caused, whilst staying at Trengove.
5. Any losses or damage to the cottage and its contents must be reported and paid for (fair wear and tear excluded). The cottage must be left clean and tidy.
6. The number of occupants stipulated, must not be exceeded.
7. The use of broadband services by guests must adhere to current law, and not be used for any unlawful or illegal purposes.
8. The proprietors reserve the right to refuse any booking, or to cancel any bookings already made subject to refunding any sums you have paid without further liability on your behalf.
9. You are required to vacate the property by 10.00 am on the day of departure and arrive after 4.00 pm on the day of commencement, unless previously arranged with the owners.
Fire Safety & Access Statement
Access Statement for Trengove Farm Cottages
The self-catering cottages at Trengove Farm are converted from former farm buildings. Although they are not built specifically for disabled access, nor have been assessed as such, The Gew, Burgess and The Roundhouse are all ground floor properties and may be suitable for those, for whom stairs are a problem. There is a no smoking policy on the premises.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
The properties are approached by a concrete driveway approximately half a mile long. There is a level car park about 75 yards from the properties, with The Roundhouse, Trengove Wing and Mowhay Cottage having one allocated parking space each outside their door. There is a drop off, if necessary directly outside The Gew and Burgess.
The nearest railway station is Redruth, 3 miles away. There are bus stops at Eastern Lodge near the end of the drive (half a mile) and Payneters Lane End (one mile). The nearest supermarket is 3 miles and village shops 1 mile. WIFI is available and mobile phone reception is normally good.
All cottages have non-feather duvets and pillows. Towels, sheets, pillowcases and duvet covers are cotton. All cottages have a fridge/freezer, electric ovens are built under with an electric in kitchens are of a standard height A toilet booster seat and a shower stool are available on request. External and internal doors are approximately 30 inches.
There is a 6 inch step down , then an 8 inch step up entrance. External lighting is operated by a sensor. The accommodation is all on one level. Entry is into the open plan kitchen-diner/lounge. A 3ft passageway, with turns, leads to 2 twin rooms, one bathroom with bath/ shower over, and a double room with ensuite bathroom with enclosed shower, with a 6 inch step up. The level patio area is approached through the lounge. There is a 6 inch step down onto a flat area enclosed by a wall and two gates.
There is a 6 inch step down, then an 8 inch step up into the entrance which is 2 feet 6 inches wide. External lighting is operated by a sensor. The accommodation is all one level and entry is into a 3ft straight passageway which leads to an open plan kitchen-diner/lounge , one double room and one twin room. The bathroom has a level shower area with curtain. There is a level outside seating area accessed through a door in the lounge. This is un-enclosed.
Main entrance is a 32 inch door into the lounge/kitchen-diner. An external light is operated by an internal switch. The property is all on one level. The bedroom leads off the lounge and there is an en suite bathroom with shower over. There is a level seating area outside the property.
The entrance into the property is through door into the kitchen-diner. There is external lighting operated by a sensor. The lounge leads off the kitchen and then into a small hallway to the stairs. Approximate door widths are 30 inches. There is a turn partway up the stairs which leads to a passageway with three doors leading to a bathroom with separate bath and cubicle shower, a twin room and double room with ensuite shower room with cubicle shower.The enclosed level patio area is accessed by a door from the kitchen.
A parking area is 5 yds from the door with a dropping point outside the door. There is an 8 inch step up into the property to the lounge/kitchen-diner. Outside lighting is operated by an internal switch. A conservatory is approached from the lounge through a door with a 2 inch threshold. The 30 inch wide steep stairs has a turn, and leads into the double bedroom, with ensuite bathroom with separate bath and low level shower with fixed glass enclosure. The enclosed patio area is accessed through a door from the conservatory or around the outside of the property through a 3 foot passageway with a 4 inch step.
Type Self Catering
Sleeps 2 - 6
£340 - £930 per week
A courtyard of charming, traditional self catering cottages, all individually furnished, close to lovely sandy beaches and wonderful walks and cycle ways.
Stroll gently down through the woods to Portreath, a sandy beach, popular with families and surfers. Drive along the spectacular coast to the golden beaches of St Ives Bay. An ideal location in Cornwall for walking, swimming, touring or just switching off!
Additional Directions Information
cararrival: From Exeter or Exeter by-pass (M5) take the A30 to Redruth and Cambourne. Leave the road on the Cambourne, Portreath and Pool slip road, following the signs to Portreath (Do not come off at the Redruth turn off) Turn right, back under the dual carriage way. Take the second turning left and carry on to the roundabout, go straight over. Turn right at the 'T' junction. At the next crossroads, turn left. Carry on for a third of a mile past he Golf club. Take the farm drive immediately right, after Alexandra Road, before the black and white bollards and follow it down to the farm.