The contract of hire is between the Hirer and the Owner of the cottage for which the booking is made, and is subject to the conditions below.
1. The usual time of arrival should be after 2pm on the day commencing your holiday, and you are requested to vacate the cottage by 10am on the day of your departure.
Late arrivals by arrangement.
2. When the booking confirmation has been sent, the Hirer is responsible for the total advertised price. If full payment is not received four weeks prior to arrival, the Owner may elect to terminate the contract and retain the deposit. No reminder will be sent.
3. Booking Cancellations. In the unfortunate event of you having to cancel your holiday, please notify us by telephone immediately, followed by written confirmation. We will make every effort to re-let the cottage but, should we be unsuccessful, the following will apply:
Upon cancellation within three weeks of the commencement of your holiday, the whole amount will be forfeited.
Upon cancellation within 3 to 6 weeks of the commencement of your holiday, two thirds of the total holiday cost will forfeited and any balance will be returned to you. Upon cancellation more than six weeks before the commencement of your holiday, the deposit will be retained to cover administration costs.
4. The Hirer is required to report any loss or damage caused to the cottage or equipment lost, damaged or broken during their occupancy, and it is their legal responsibility to refund the costs prior to departure. Waterproof protective sheeting is provided and must be used on the beds where necessary. Damaged mattresses will be charged for.
5. No more than the maximum number of people as stated in the brochure may occupy the cottage, except by prior agreement. If it is found that the number of people quoted for the property has been exceeded, without the express permission of the Owner, the booking becomes null and void, and would terminate any responsibility of the Owner to fulfil the hire contract. All money paid would be forfeited to the Owner.
We reserve the right to access the property at any time without permission.
6. The Owner is not responsible for death or any injury to guests or third parties, for loss or damage to their belongings, cars or contents, or any other personal possessions.
7. The Owner reserves the right to refuse to hand over the cottage to any person who, in the opinion of the Owner, is not suitable to take charge. In such cases all hire charges shall be refunded in full, and the contract discharged.
8. Pets. We welcome your pets as part of the family, but they must be kept off beds and furniture, and have their own bedding and towels. They must never be left alone in the cottage and must be exercised under control, away from the garden and farmyard area where children play. Any ‘accidents’ in these areas must be cleaned up immediately. Please note that we charge £10 per dog.
9. The Hirer is responsible for the cottage and is expected to take good care of it. All equipment, especially the cooker and fridge, crockery and cutlery, must be left clean and the cottage must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. The Hirer must accept responsibility for extra cleaning costs if necessary.
10. The booking is made on the understanding that the cottage will be placed at the disposal of the Hirer on the dates stated. If this is not possible because of circumstances beyond the Owners control, the holiday money will be refunded in full, but there can no claim against the Owner.
11.Complaints. In the event that the hirer has a complaint about the holiday accommodation, please notify us immediately, as we will use all reasonable endeavours to rectify the problem.
A 25% deposit is required on booking.
Cheques should be made payable to 'Latham Hall'. We accept credit cards.
Bookings or deposits may also be paid for by Swift or BACS payments. Please contact us for details of the account and sort numbers.
Services: Water supply and electricity supply are by mains. Electricity and heating are included in the prices.
There is ample parking adjacent to Latham Hall.
Pets are welcome, but please keep dogs on leads when near sheep and cattle. Please note: an extra charge of £10.00 is made for pets.
Access Statement For Latham Hall Farmhouse
Latham Hall is a traditional farmhouse on the edge of the Peak District National Park minutes away from a variety of attractions, including Alton Towers. We have tried to provide as much detail as possible in this statement however, should you have any queries do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you to Latham Hall.
• We have a website that can be found at www.latham-hall.co.uk.
• Bookings and enquires can be made by phone, email or fax.
• The nearest train stations are Derby (16 miles) and Stoke on Trent (16miles).
• We can give you the contact details of a local company that can deliver local produce to the house upon your arrival should you wish.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Luggage can be unloaded in the car parking area at the back of the property.
• There is a courtyard that is reached from the driveway from the lane (through a gate) that provides plenty of parking for up to 6/7 cars (accessed through a gate.)
• The entrance at the rear has one step down from the courtyard 18cm high and 100cm wide.
• Parking is 5 metres away from the rear entrance.
Main Entrance & Reception
• The rear entrance has one step, 11cm high, 20cm deep, 85cm wide. The door is 85cm wide.
• Inside the rear entrance is the kitchen from which all other areas of the house can be accessed.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• Dining and sitting rooms.
• The dining room leads off from the kitchen through a door 79cm wide. It can also be accessed from the hallway through a door 75cm wide.
• There is a table 210cm long, 106cm wide and 70cm high.
• Chairs - there are 10 chairs in the dining room however there are more in the kitchen should they be required.
• Flooring is carpet.
• Sitting room. The sitting room is accessed via the dining room and hallway, through a door 75cm wide.
• Flooring is fitted carpet.
• Furniture is moveable and there are plenty of non-feather cushions provided.
• There are two triple sofas, one double and one armchair.
• A teletext TV is provided along with tape and DVD players and a CD stereo.
• Between the sitting and dining rooms is the hallway which provides access to the stairs and the front door (94cm wide) that lead into the garden.
• There is no separate laundry however, there is a washing machine and a tumble dryer in the utility room.
• The nearest shop is in the village of Waterhouses.
• The nearest leisure facilities are in Waterhouses, Leek and Ashbourne.
• Accessed from the courtyard is a games room which provides a table tennis table.
• There are four bedrooms in total, three of which are upstairs and one of which is downstairs.
• The downstairs bedroom is accessed via a corridor that leads off from the kitchen and utility room. There are three steps along this corridor, the first two are 90cm wide, 17cm high and 30cm deep and the third is 17cm high and 22cm deep. In this room there are two single beds (60cm high) and one double bed (60cm high). The door into this room is 76cm wide.
• The upstairs bedrooms are accessed from the hallway via 10 stairs that are each 113cm wide, 23cm deep and 21cm high. These stairs lead to the landing and then each other room is then up one further step, 18cm high, 80cm wide and 29cm deep.
• Left hand bedroom - this is to the left at the top of the stairs. This is accessed through a door that is 80cm wide. In this room there is a double bed (70cm high) and a single bed (60cm high).
• Right hand bedroom - this is to the right of the top of the stairs. This is accessed through a door that is again 80cm wide. In this room there is also a double bed (66cm high) and a single bed (54cm high).
• The third bedroom upstairs is a double en-suite. This room is accessed through a door that is 65cm wide. In this room there is a double bed (60cm high). Free space each side of the bed is 47cm.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [En-suite or Shared]
• There is one main bathroom, one en-suite shower room, a toilet with a neighbouring shower room.
• Downstairs there is a toilet (43cm high) accessed through a door 64cm wide. Next door to this is the shower room (door width 76cm). In the shower room there is a large corner shower (with plastic chair provided should it be required)and a sink. Rim height of the shower is 25cm and the sliding entrance to the shower is 42cm wide. Flooring is tiled.
• Upstairs is the main bathroom (door width 68cm). In this room there is a large corner bath (with shower attachment), a toilet (39cm high) and a sink (79cm high). The bath height is 57cm. Flooring is carpet.
• En-suite shower room - this is off the double bedroom through a door 65cm wide. In this room there is a large corner shower, a toilet (39cm high) and a sink (78cm high). The rim of the shower is 20cm high. Flooring is laminate.
• Kitchen entrance from courtyard is 85cm wide, from dining room 79cm and from corridor 86cm.
• Worktop height is 91cm.
• Oven door is drop down, height of lowest shelf is 25cm.
• Sink is 91cm high with cupboards underneath.
• Hob is 91cm high.
• Table is provided in the kitchen that is 74cm high, 106cm wide and 154cm long.
• Flooring is tiled.
• At least 106cm free space between all furniture and worktops.
• Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces.
• Fridge is available, highest shelf is 69cm.
• A second fridge-freezer and a freezer are available in the utility room.
Grounds and Gardens
• There is a large grass garden with a barbeque and picnic benches.
• Address: Ann Goldstraw, Huddale Farm, Waterhouses, Stoke on Trent. ST10 3LQ
• Telephone: 01538 308350
• Mobile: 07790761815 / 07855897727
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.latham-hall.co.uk
• Emergency numbers: 01538 308350 / 07790761815 / 07855897727
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01538 308350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org