Waterside is a four person, self-catering cottage that enjoys beautiful views of the surrounding countryside and a water’s edge location. Accessible to a Level 2 standard, this holiday cabin can accommodate a host of individual requirements, so don’t be afraid to ask. This spacious four star lodge has an open plan sitting room, with wood burner, and doors to the terrace, with a hot tub, and the kitchen and dining areas.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions apply to all guests and members of their party. It is the responsibility of the guests to ensure that each member of their party is aware of the terms and conditions and responsibilities enclosed within.
The owners reserve the right to cancel a booking without compensation or refund should any guests not act in accordance with the terms and conditions stated below.
Arrival and Departure
A standard booking is from Monday to Monday or Friday to Friday, although short breaks are also available. With the aim of preparing the Lodges between guests we kindly ask for you to arrive after 4:00pm and leave by 10:00am on the date of your departure. If for any reason you should be arriving late in the evening we would be grateful for you to inform us.
Bookings and Payment
Cancelations are requested immediately due to the high interest in the lodges and enabling us to re-let them. The initial deposit is non- refundable and if re-letting the lodges is also not possible then any payment already received will be sacrificed. If wherever possible a booking can be rearranged then it is to the owner’s discretion to arrange supplementary dates and additional fees where applicable.
It is recommended that a Cancelation Protection Insurance is acquired. These conditions will also include harsh weather conditions where you may not be able to travel to Oaklands Country Lodges.
If in the event of a local disease epidemic of any sort, the right to cancel a booking is to the owner’s discretion.
In the unlikely occurrence of your booked lodge becoming unavailable due to situations out of our control, every attempt to provide an alternative lodge or near by accommodation will be made; failing this, an entire refund will be made.
The owners cannot accept responsibility or liability for the loss or damage to Guests’ property or for personal injury.
Any damage caused to any of the facilities is to be reported to the owners promptly. For any damage, losses or additional cleaning which may be required we reserve the right to charge for, regardless of the manner in which they were caused. Should any of this take affect we require payment immediately to cover costs.
The number of persons occupying a log cabin must not exceed the number of which is stated on the booking, unless previously agreed by the owners. It is strictly forbidden for the sub-letting of the cabins.
The owners retain the right to have admission to the cabins at any sensible time, whenever possible giving notices.
The owners reserve the right to deny the hand over of the keys to the cabin to the guest if it is rationally supposed that any damage is probable to be caused, or can reclaim the cabin if damage has already been caused. Should these circumstances occur, no refunds will be given.
Should a collapse in public services arise, for example: water or electricity, the owners will not accept responsibility, nor for any claims against nuisance or difficulty in reaching the destination. (See cancelations)
Please ensure that children do not explore the farm or surrounding area unsupported, there are vehicles and tractors working on the farm on a daily basis and it can be very dangerous. To add to this, cattle also reside on the farm and are occasionally moved around.
Guests are reminded that firearms of any sort are forbidden on the premises.
Should the situation arise that a guest has or has recently had a contagious or infectious medical state; the owners have the entitlement to refuse or cancel a booking should it be deemed necessary. The owners must be informed at once should any condition form within one month of arriving at Oaklands Country Lodges, or if one does arise during your stay.
Travel cots and highchairs are available on request at no additional charge but must be booked in advance. Bedding for the cot is provided (all bedding is washed in Fairy Non- Bio) if you have special requirements, please feel free to supply your own.
The cabins are no smoking buildings, while smoking is authorised outside on the decking area. Please make certain to fully extinguish your cigarette and dispose on the ends in the bucket provided.
Mobile phone reception is usually good for most networks; although it can be variable. A landline telephone is available in the farmhouse on request if it is an emergency.
Pets are only prohibited to stay in the Hideaway cabin; this is for the concern of future guests. It is the understanding of the particulars of the pets that are to be known to the owners prior to the booking that they should be authorised to stay.
Pets are not allowed on any of the furniture, including tables and chairs, settees, beds and work surfaces.
It is the duty of the guests to clean up after their pets, any extra cleaning required will be charged for.
Pets must always be kept under control and supervision and never to be left in the cabin unattended.
Fire Safety & Access Statement
Access Statement for Oaklands Country Lodges
At Oaklands Country Lodges we aim to ensure that everyone’s stay with us is to the height of their expectations.
Upon arrival all guests will be greeted in person and given a guided tour of the facilities. Along with the keys to their cabin, they will be given a box containing the remotes which are required back on departure when handing in the keys.
• We have a comprehensive website detailing accommodation including cabin layout and floor plans.
• Bookings/enquiries can be made via email or phone.
• The nearest main village is Hatton which is 2 miles away which accommodates a train station; there are accessible taxis at the station.
• We can provide information in large print.
• A floor plan of all of the cabins is available on request.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities:
• On arrival, guests will be greeted personally and given a full familiarisation tour of the facilities.
• Outside all three log cabins there is a car parking area with sufficient room for manoeuvring and unloading, assistance with unloading is available on request if required.
• The parking area is level and flat with a tarmac surface leading directly to the wooden access ramps to the entrance of the lodges.
• The entrance to the cabins has a ramp with hand rails on the left and right leading to the lodge veranda.
• The ramp is 120cm wide with the hand rails being 90cm high.
• There is lighting outside all three lodges which automatically come on in the dark.
• There is no covered walkway, however; the decked veranda’s which home the Jacuzzi’s and BBQ’s are all under cover.
• All three lodges are single storey.
• The main entrance to all of the lodges is level and leads directly into the open plan kitchen/lounge.
• The main front door of the Waterside Lodge is 90cm wide and the key hole lock is 86cm high (the door is hinged on the right) opening inwards.
• The main front door of Meadow View and Hideaway Lodge is 80 cm with the key hole being 87cm high (the door is hinged on the left) opening outwards.
• The doors can be secured in an open position if required for ease of access.
• There is a tilled floor throughout the kitchen/ lounge area.
• Good colour contrast between floors, walls and furniture.
Dining Area and Lounge area:
• The dining room is open plan with the lounge and kitchen with plenty of space for wheelchair manoeuvre (4ft turning circle in the lounge and kitchen area in the Waterside Lodge).
• The Waterside lodge has a square dining table. Hideaway and Meadow View Lodge has a rectangular dining table which can be made larger or smaller if required.
• The Lounge area in all of the Lodges has patio doors 160cm wide leading to the decked verandah.
• A floor rug is present in the lounge area for additional comfort but can be removed on request. Furniture can be rearranged if required.
• In Waterside Lodge there is two 2 seater sofas and a chair, in Hideaway Lodge there is one 2 seater sofa and a 3 seater sofa and a chair, in Meadow View Lodge there is a 4 seater L shaped sofa, a 2 seater sofa and 2 chairs. (All sofas and chairs are leather).
• The lounge has a 32” flat screen TV/DVD (freeview) with surround sound.
• The living area has a full length mirror.
Self- Catering Kitchen:
• The kitchen is open plan with the dining area and lounge, allowing easy access.
• The flooring is tilled.
• The kitchen work top, sink and electric hob is 90cm high.
• The sink has a lever operated mixer tap.
• The electric oven has two ovens, the top oven also operates as the grill and the bottom oven is fan assisted. Meadow View has a low level oven and Hideaway and Waterside Lodge has a mid height oven.
• The kitchen has a combination microwave oven.
• The lighting compromises of ceiling lights with additional lighting under the units.
• In the Hideaway Lodge there is a separate base level fridge and freezer. In Waterside Lodge and Meadow View Lodge there is a 70:30 fridge freezer.
• Waterside Lodge has one double bedroom with a four poster bed and en-suite/WC and one spacious twin bedroom with adequate turning space for a wheelchair (4ft turning circle) with an en-suite wet room/WC.
• The beds in the twin room are zip and link so they can be made into a king sized bed (Waterside Lodge).
• In the Waterside Lodge the twin room as a dressing table which is 80 cm high and a mirror above which is 90cm high. The double room has a dressing table which is 80cm high and a mirror above which is 90cm high.
• The door width is Waterside Lodge is 90cm.
• The Hideaway Lodge has a double bedroom with en-suite wet room/WC, a double bedroom with four poster bed and a twin bedded room with bathroom/WC.
• Meadow View Lodge has a double bedroom with four poster bed and a en-suite wet room/WC, a double bedroom, a twin bedded room and a twin bedded room with 2'6" beds.
• The door width in Hideaway and Meadow View is 80cm.
• All bedrooms have a 19” flat screen TV (freeview).
• The master bedrooms have an electric alarm clock.
• All bedrooms are equipped with bedside lights in addition to the main overhead light.
• All bedrooms are fitted with short pile carpet.
Bathroom/WC (En-suite or shared)
• The en-suite bathroom/WC in Waterside Lodge has a 6' double ended bath with a shower attachment.
• The en-suite bathroom/WC (Jack and Jill) in Hideaway Lodge has a 6' double ended bath with a shower attachment.
• The bathroom/WC in Meadow View Lodge has a double ended bath with show attachment.
• There are bath rail above the taps on the bath.
• The toilet seat height is 39cm high.
• The bath height is 58cm high.
• There is a heated towel rail in all of the bathrooms.
• The flooring if high quality anti-slip flooring.
• Good colour contrast between floors, walls and furniture.
• In Waterside lodge the wet room/WC has a hinged safety rail in between the basin and toilet. There is a hand safety rail to the left of the toilet and a towel rail next to the shower seat and a heated towel to the left of the toilet. The shower height to the shower buttons is 120cm high with a safety rail to the left of the shower and a shower seat to the right at 45cm high.
• In Hideaway and Meadow View Lodge the shower height is 120cm to the shower buttons. There is a shower seat at 45cm high with various hand rails.
• The shower has thermostatically controlled hot water.
• The toilet seat height is 45cm high.
• There is a heated towel rail in all of the wet rooms.
• The flooring if high quality anti-slip flooring.
• Good colour contrast between floors, walls and furniture.
• The kitchens all have a standard size washing machine/ dryer, front loading.
• There is no shop on site. The nearest shop is in the village of Hatton 2 miles away.
Treatment rooms & Leisure Facilities:
• Leading directing out of the lodge there is a spacious decking area with a wooden picnic bench.
• There is a brick built barbeque.
• There is a Jacuzzi which is 50cm high that is sunk into the decking.
• There are two large grass lawns for all customers to use.
• Hatton is a small town situated just 2 miles away. Here; you can find a variety of convenience stores, including a Post Office, Butchers, Take Away’s, Café/ restaurants, a Public House, News Agents etc.
• Directions for Hatton: Turn right out the gate, a short distance down the road is a cross roads, turn right. Carry on for about a mile and a half, and then turn right at the main road. When you reach the traffic lights at the next cross roads turn left and you are there.
• There is good mobile reception.
• Pets are only allowed in Hideaway Lodge.
• The cabins are no smoking buildings, however smoking is allowed outside on your decking area.
• Places of interest are listed on our website.
• If for any reason you should feel that you have a complaint, you should; without delay notify the owners. All complaints will be considered throughout the length of your stay and not accepted after the hiring period is over.
• Terms and Conditions can be viewed on the website and are available in large print.
There is also many taxi services available in the area, if required; we can make a booking for you.
No medical facilities are available on site.
The nearest hospitals are:
Royal Derby Hospital Queen’s Hospital
Uttoxeter Road Belvedere Road
Derby Burton upon Trent
DE22 3NE Staffordshire
Tel: 01332 340131 DE13 0RB
Tel: 01283 566333
Emergency Telephone numbers:
Tutbury Health Centre
Burton upon Trent
Tel: 01283 812210
The Tutbury Dentil Practice Limited
59 Monk Street
Burton upon Trent
Tel: 01283 813540
The Scarsdale Veterinary Group
6 Witham Close
Tel: 01283 568162
Telephone: 01283 730283
Fire Risk Assessment
Address of Property Assessed: Oaklands Country Lodges,Oaklands Farm,Mount Pleasant,Sutton Road,Church Broughton,Derbys,DE65 5DE
Person Undertaking the Assessment - Name: Mrs Claire Redfern
- Position: Owner
Date of Assessment: 01/07/2010
Fire Risk Assessment
Step 1 - Identify Fire Hazards and Fire Risks.
1.1 Sources of ignition
a) Electrical - wiring and appliances
Fire certificate in place, April 2010
b) Cooking - especially deep-fat frying
All instructions for equipment is in the store cupboard in a folder
The hob cooker is fitted with an extraction hood and should be switched on when required
All cabins are non smoking indoors. But smoking is permitted on the outside verandahs and use ash tray provided
e) Heaters and boilers
The heating for the cabins is solely underfloor heating
f) Open fires
It is a wood burner that meets current fire regulations
There is logs and ash bin provided
1.2. Fuel present
h) Elements of structure
The structure is of entirely wood construction throughout
i) Furniture and furnishings
All furniture complies with fire regulations
There is nothing that is deamed to be unusual or give increased fire risk
j) Domestic waste
Stainless steel bins are provided in all cabins and are emptied into large refuge bins once full
All bins are kept well away from sources of ignition
k) Other items - e.g. petrol for lawnmowers, cleaning materials etc
1.3. Activities that might cause a fire, including work processes/procedures etc.
Cookers/barbecues. There is sufficient fire blankets and extinguishers in the buildings
Step 2 - Identify Persons at Risk.
2.1 Number of guests
The properties vary in size and are suitable to accomodate four to eight people at any one time
Children are accomodated and always have to be under adult supervision.
We accomodate disabled persons in waterside lodge and meets disabled regulations throughout
2.2. Number of staff/employees
Step 3 - Evaluate the Risks.
3.1. Means of escape
a) Detail the type of property:
Single storey buildings
b) Detail the number of exit doors and where they are:
Only waterside lodge has one inward opening door an one outward opening door the other two cabin doors open outwards
They are all easy to open and kept clear at all times
All exit doors are in the main living/dining area
3.2. The fire alarm and fire detection
c) Describe what fire alarm and fire detectors have been provided:
There is smoke detectors fitted througout the buildings they are regularly maintained at service intervals
3.3. Fire fighting equipment
d) Detail what fire extinguishers/blankets are provided and where they are.
Fire blanket provided in kitchen. Also extinguishers fitted outside and inside the properties
3.4. Escape lighting
e) Detail areas covered by emergency lighting (if any):
Torch provided in all buildings and located in the store cupdoard
3.5. Evacuation procedure
f) Describe the evacuation procedures
In the event of a fire all persons must exit buildings and grounds and meet at main entrance
Type Self Catering
Sleeps 2 - 8
£400 - £1065 per week
Based on a working family farm, the superb four star country lodges each have hot tubs and private verandas, and have easy access to the Peak District, Leicestershire, Staffordshire & Nottinghamshire.
If you're looking for luscious luxury combined with idylic Derbyshire countryside, one of the Oaklands Country Lodges should really suit you. On the edge of the Peak District and just a hop, skip and a jump away from a wide range of attractions, these four star self-catering cabins are perfect to help you unwind.
On the outskirts of the National Forest and based within one acre of landscaped grounds, Oaklands has four high specification lodges to offer, all of which have private verandas, heated hot tubs and countryside views, as well as an excellent standard of internal decor.
Watch out for the wealth of wildlife, supported by the farm's award winning traditional hedgelaying programme that encourages bio-diversity, and sit back and enjoy a simple slice of countryside life.
Take however long you need, whether it's a mini-break or a fortnight, Oaklands is a perfect base from which to expore a multitude of wonderful places. From high profile visitor attractions such as Chatsworth House and Alton Towers to rambling walking routes and exciting cycle rides - as well as the many places you can visit for a perfect afternoon tea or even a bit of light shopping in some of the region's wonderful independent shops.
Oaklands Country Lodges are graded Four Star and Four Star Gold and Waterside Lodge offers disabled holiday facilities to a Level 2 standard. Hideaway Lodge can offer you a dog - and other pet - friendly holiday and large groups can be accommodated. If all three lodges are booked, up to 18 people can enjoy their holiday together.
Sleeping up to six people and two pets, pet friendly, four star venue Hideaway is a secluded self catering lodge which has an enclosed garden and hot tub, as well as a contemporary and stylish interior. Whether you are visiting the Peak District, taking a trip to the National Forest or enjoying one of the many excellent visitor attractions in Derbyshire or adjacent counties, you will find coming home to this luxury cabin will be sure to help you relax and unwind.
Named because of its heart-warming view, this four star eco-friendly luxury lodge is able to host up to eight guests wishing to get away on a short break or longer holiday. With its terrace, country views and hot tub, this self-catering getaway will ensure larger groups have the opportunity to share a relaxing holiday experience under the same roof.
Additional Directions Information
For your Sat Nav our postcode is DE65 5DE.
From the South (M1)
From M1, Junction 24a, take A50 towards Stoke on Trent, exit onto slip road and then bear left onto Uttoxeter Road. At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Uttoxeter Road A511. Continue onto Derby Road, then turn left onto Sutton Lane. Bear left onto Limberstitch Lane and continue onto Schoolpiece Lane. Turn left onto Sutton Road and arrive at Oaklands Country Lodges.
From the North (M6)
From M6, junction 15, exit onto A500 towards Stoke on Trent, keep right and follow signs for Fenton, at the next roundabout take the second exit onto the A50 heading to Uttoxeter/ Derby. At A521, take the second exit, stay on A50 heading to Uttoxetter/ Derby. Go through three roundabouts and then turn left at Uttoxeter Road (signposted Foston/ Boylestone). Turn left at Woodyard Lane, then right onto Bent Lane following Bent Lane until Sutton Road, turn right onto Sutton Road and arrive at Oaklands Country Lodges on the right.
Tutbury and Hatton Railway Station (DE65 5DL) - 2 Miles away
Derby Station (DE1 2RU) - 11 Miles away
Uttoxeter (ST14 8XG) - 11 Miles away
Taxis are available for transfers. Paul's Cars 01283 500600. Mick's private hire 01283 815729.
Nottingham East Midlands Airport (DE74 2SA) - 15 Miles away
Transfers are available rail and taxi or hire car.
43 Results Found
Tissington Trail(8.6m away) no telephone
The Tissington Trail is a bridleway and walk/cycle path in Derbyshire, England. Opened in 1971, and now a part of the National Cycle Network, it runs for 13 miles (21 km) from Parsley Hay ( 53.1706°N 1.7828°W) in the north to Ashbourne ( 53.0196°N 1.7397°W) in the south, along part of the trackbed of the former railway line connecting Ashbourne to Buxton+ Read More