Terms and conditions
- Bookings will be made on receipt of the completed booking form, with a deposit of 25% of the total due. The remaining balance is due 8 weeks before the holiday. NO FURTHER REMINDER IS SENT.
- Provisional bookings made by telephone or e-mail will be held for 4 days, until the deposit is paid.
- If the booking is cancelled then the deposit is not returned and the balance is still payable on the due date. Every effort will be made to re-let, and if successful it will mean a refund of the money paid less the deposit.
WE RECOMMEND HOLIDAY INSURANCE IS TAKEN OUT ask for details.
- We regret pets are not allowed.
- The accommodation is available from 3pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
- You and your guests are responsible for taking proper care of the property, furniture and equipment. On leaving the property it should be clean and tidy. Any breakages or damage should be reported and paid for.
- The owners accept no liability for any personal injury to guests or for any loss or damage to their property.
Access statement for Bampfield Farm Cottages
Bampfield farm is 3 miles from Barnstaple the main town in North Devon. The 2 cottages are a rural location on a 200 acre farm.
Our Ordnance Survey map reference is SS602348 and Postcode is EX32 7NR.
The location and directions to the farm is on the website. There are also directions on the brochure.
• The nearest train station is Barnstaple, however if you are already here with a car, and another member is travelling from further away then Tiverton Parkway has better connections to the railway network. The journey from Tiverton to Goodleigh takes about 45 minutes depending on traffic.
• A bus service travels from Goodleigh to Barnstaple on Tuesdays and Fridays.
• For up to date North Devon public transport information, contact…0845 600 1420
Arrival and Car Park Facilities
The owner is a resident at Bampfield Farm. We try to greet people personally on Friday arrival days, between the hours of 2 and 9pm. Special arrangements can be made for other days or later at night. We have 2 cottages providing ample parking.
We provide arrival times on the booking form.
Granary cottage has 3 parking spaces outside the cottage.
Haven cottage has 3 parking spaces outside the cottage.
Each property has its own front door which is self contained.
The owner’s farmhouse is situated inside the courtyard beside the cottages.
External Communal Areas
There is a large garden for everyone, to gain access you will need to walk up a slope.
Also there is an outdoor play area with swings and a slide.
The playroom is between the Granary cottage and laundry room.
Pubs and Restaurants
The nearest pub is half a mile in the village of Goodleigh. You can walk but will need a torch.
There is a folder of information on eating out and take-away food in each cottage.
Barnstaple has a complete selection of restaurants and cafes.
There is a communal utility room next to the Granary and opposite the Haven. There is a slope to gain access to this room.
The front door is up 2 steps.
Inside the cottage there are:
Hallway 1 step,
Open plan kitchen, 2 steps up to lounge,
On the ground level there is 1 double room, 1 bunk bed room and a toilet with a wash basin.
Up a flight of stairs with a handrail there is a twin bedroom, en-suite double room and bathroom with shower, bath and toilet.
The front door is down 1 step from the garden/patio area.
This cottage is an open plan lounge/kitchen/dining room.
The bedrooms and bathrooms are situated down a flight of stairs with a handrail.
Down the stairs there is 1 double room with en-suite, a bathroom with bath, shower overhead and basin. 1 twin room and 1 bunk bed room.
They contain a microwave oven, an electric fan assisted cooker in each cottage, electric kettle, iron, refrigerator with an ice box and a dishwasher.
They are very well equipped.
Oil fired central heating throughout. The Combi boiler also provides adlib hot water.
There is a TV with free view, DVD and video player. A wood burner is also installed. Neither cottage has telephone line. For e-mail/internet facilities Barnstaple Library can provide access.
There is 1 washing machine, 1 tumble dryer, a BBQ and a large freezer.
There is communal gardens, gas BBQ, swings for children under 12, playhouse. The nature trail around the farm is over uneven muddy fields, stout shoes are essential for walking. When using bicycles for safety we recommend travelling to Barnstaple with a cycle rack then exploring the Tarka Trail to either Braunton or Bideford.
You need to go up 2 steps to enter. Small children need to be supervised while playing.
Our visitors are welcome to accompany us to feed the animals and touch them. However this means walking through uneven and muddy fields. Wellington Boots are essential. Everyone must wash hands after touching the animals.
The working farm is approximately 200 metres from the cottages and visitors wishing to view this must be escorted by the owner.
Both cottages are converted from old buildings. The Haven is the oldest from the 16th Century; hence low beams and steps are not designed for tall people or wheelchairs. Each cottage has a patio area with a gravel base.
This is provided in each cottage.
Owner Emergency Numbers:
Lynda 01271 346566
Taxi: 01271 378993
Doctor 01271 329004 Brannams Medical Centre
Car Breakdown see yellow pages.
Directions to Accident and Emergency North Devon District Hospital Barnstaple 01271 322577
Drive to Barnstaple, when you reach traffic lights turn right. At next roundabout go straight. At the roundabout turn right. At traffic lights go straight on up the hill past the fire station. Turn right at next traffic lights and follow the road to the right for Accident and Emergency.