Thank you for choosing to book with Broad Close Farm.
Welcome: We look forward to welcoming you to our family farm. When you make this booking, you are entering into an agreement with us. Please read our Booking Terms and Conditions of Stay.
Bookings are made when we have confirmed your reservation and received an agreed payment as a deposit. Payment should normally be made by bank transfer.
• A deposit of £100 is payable at the time of Booking. This deposit covers the costs of reserving your holiday and is non-refundable unless we subsequently cannot provide your chosen apartment. The deposit is deducted from the cost of your stay with us.
• The full cost of the stay less the deposit is due 6 weeks before arrival at the latest.
• The price includes linen, towels, energy, water, and one basket of logs for the woodburner, if booking Oaksberry.
• You may be, at our discretion, subject to additional charges in the event of breaches of these Booking Terms and Conditions of Stay.
• We will only cancel your booking if your accommodation is unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We will attempt to offer you alternative accommodation; however if this is not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we will provide a full refund all monies paid by you. Our liability does not extend beyond this refund.
• If we need to close the cottage during your stay, we will refund you the pro-rata rate for the period remaining.
• We will not be liable for any other costs whatsoever arising from this action.
5. Arrival and departure
• During the current Government Corona Virus restrictions, normal check-in is after 16:30 and check-out time is 10:00 due to the extra cleaning protocols required to keep you safe.
• Times outside of these may be agreed with us prior to arrival or during your stay but cannot be guaranteed.
• A late check-out for whatever reason, unless previously agreed, will be subject to an extra charge if this affects the servicing of the apartment or the arriving guest.
• It is normally acceptable to pack up and leave your car here until 3pm latest and enjoy the rest of your final day, but this must be agreed with us.
• In the event that you may not be able to vacate the property and we agree you can stay, you will be liable for the full costs of the normal booking periods for the property and you will indemnify us for losses arising from claims from guests with bookings for the property that needs to be cancelled or amended.
6. Cancellations and Amendments
• To amend or cancel your Booking, call us on 01884 881 795.
• It is strongly advised that you have adequate travel insurance for unexpected events that could affect your holiday.
• If you cancel your booking more than 6 weeks prior to the arrival date we will refund any payments made, less the non-refundable deposit.
• If you wish to amend your booking more than 6 weeks prior to the arrival date we will normally allow deferment within 12 months of the original booking date, subject to availability and any price change. Any payments made will be held as part payment for that stay.
• If you cancel or amend your confirmed booking within 6 weeks of the arrival date we will try and re-let the accommodation. Whatever the outcome we will normally charge for any losses arising from the cancellation up to the full value of the original booking.
7. Our right to terminate your stay
We reserve the right to terminate your stay without being liable for any refund or compensation where you engage in what we consider as unacceptable behaviour that causes a disturbance or nuisance to us, our neighbours or other guests; or you breach any Booking Conditions or Conditions of Stay.
• Other than for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or misrepresentation, our total liability to you is limited to the value of the Booking and in no circumstances will we be responsible for any indirect or special damages.
• We do not accept liability for any accident or loss from your car while on our premises, or the loss of valuables while left in the cottage.
• You are responsible for any damage or loss caused to us or our property by your act, omission, default or neglect and you agree to indemnify us and to pay us on demand the amount reasonably required to make good or remedy any such damage or loss. For clarification this includes damage other than normal wear and tear and includes damage to mattresses and any extra cleaning due to failure to comply with the Conditions of Stay.
Conditions of Stay
These conditions of any stay with us are applicable to all guests, whether the booking is made direct with us or through an Agent.
1. Special conditions relating to Coronavirus
During the period of Government special measures relating to regulating the spread of Coronavirus the following conditions of staying with us will apply to all guests, until we deem it appropriate to vary, based on Government guidance.
A. All guests must confirm to us in writing/email/text, immediately prior to arrival that they
1. Are not exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19
2. Have not been tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 14 days
3. Are not self-isolating for symptomatic reasons
4. Have not been knowingly in contact with a person who has been tested positive for Covid-19 during the previous 14 days
5. Have not been notified via the NHS Track and Trace system that they have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid-19.
Any guests that cannot comply with 1 to 5 above must not travel to us.
Any guests who do not provide the information in 1 to 5 above must not travel to us and their booking will be cancelled without refund.
A full refund or credit note will be issued to cover the cost of the original booking (valid for 12 months), if you provide us with evidence of:
a) you have had a positive virus test result within the last 14 days or
b) you have other documented evidence that you were instructed not to travel by the NHS or Government and
c) you do not have travel insurance to cover a cancellation.
We will not be liable for any other costs or claims whatsoever from these actions.
B. All guests will immediately inform us and return home to self-isolate if any of the below apply:
1. They exhibit symptoms of Covid-19.
2. They test positive for Covid-19.
3. They are informed that they have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid-19 either informally or via the NHS Track and Trace system.
C. In an exceptional circumstance and with our agreement only, guests who cannot immediately return home and stay in their apartment to self-isolate will be responsible for all normal charges and costs for the apartment and any loss of income incurred by us relating to both apartments. They must also comply with the following:
1. All guests must stay in their property and not visit any public spaces.
2. Guests must use local food delivery services only and advise them of their condition.
3. All communications and checkout must be remote.
4. There will be no property servicing or repairs unless in an emergency.
5. Rubbish must be placed outside the front door at a prearranged time.
6. There must be no outside visitors to the property other than medical personnel.
7. Guests must remotely contact us prior to checking out to provide an update on their condition.
8. We will not be liable for any costs or claims whatsoever arising from any of these actions.
D. You must inform us immediately if any of the following apply to any of your party within 14 days of your return home:
1. Anyone exhibits symptoms of Covid-19.
2. Anyone tests positive for Covid-19.
3. Anyone is informed that they have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid-19 either informally or via the NHS Track and Trace system.
E. If we have a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19 in an apartment then a special cleaning regime will be initiated after those guests leave. This may affect the arrival date of the next guests.
1. Under these circumstances we may defer, at our discretion, the start date of your stay by up to typically (but not limited to) 24 hours to initiate a special cleaning regime to ensure we minimise the risk to you.
? We will refund pro-rata for any nights lost from your holiday.
? In the event that you will lose a reasonably substantial part of your stay then we will offer a refund or a credit note valid for one year for a stay on an alternative available date.
2. We will not be liable for any other costs or claims whatsoever arising from these actions.
F. Social Distancing
We ask all guests to follow our on-site guidance and comply with the current Government guidance when outside their apartment.
To reduce the risk of transmission to us and our family:
1. All bed linen, towels, oven cloths and tea towels must be bagged up in the bags provided and deposited outside the apartment door prior to departure.
2. Food must be removed and disposed of and all waste bins emptied into the general and recycling bins provided in the garage.
3. The dishwasher must be left empty with all kitchen items having already been washed and returned to the correct cupboard or drawer.
4. There will be no interim servicing of the accommodation.
5. No maintenance will be undertaken within the property while guests are staying unless it is deemed by us as essential or an emergency.
6. We will request a deposit of £100 on all bookings which will be returned 48 hours after departure subject to adherence to all the housekeeping requirements.
2. General Conditions
We have the following general conditions of stay to enhance the comfort and wellbeing of all our guests.
1. There is STRICTLY no smoking while inside the apartment at any time. We will terminate your booking without notice and without being liable for any refund or compensation and we will charge a special cleaning surcharge of £100 if you smoke while you are anywhere inside the apartment or there is a smell of smoke inside the apartment on your departure.
2. We accept clean, well behaved dogs subject to our Dog Rules. See Dog Policy below.
3. Children must always be well behaved and supervised .
4. The quiet and peaceful ambiance of our properties are especially important to us and our neighbours in such a quiet village and therefore guests must not make any what we deem as unreasonable noise in particular between 22.00 and 08.00
5. The apartment must be left reasonably clean and tidy. Any requirement for additional and what we deem as unreasonable cleaning will be charged extra.
6. Food must be removed and disposed of and all waste bins emptied in to the general and recycling bins provided in the garage.
7. Any breakages or damage should be reported to the owners at the earliest possible time allowing alternatives to be purchased or repairs made prior to the arrival of subsequent guests. This may be charged at cost, at our discretion.
8. There is parking for a maximum of 2 small/medium sized cars parked. No commercial or camper vans are allowed.
3. Dog Policy
We will welcome a maximum of two dogs in Oaksberry; and we only accept small breed dogs in Hornbeam, typically less than 10 kg. This must be a subject to by prior arrangement. However, our cottages are top quality and are enjoyed by many guests that do not have dogs. Therefore, our policy is super strict, and you need to be aware of the following requirements before booking and during your stay. Failure to comply with these rules may result in you being asked to leave without compensation.
1. We do not accept puppies or dogs that are not house trained
2. You must advise us at the time of booking that you wish to bring your dog, the type and size.
3. We make a £25 charge per week or part thereof.
4. Dogs must always be kept on a lead and under strict control whilst within the property and grounds.
5. Dog litter must be bagged and placed in the dog litter bin located in the garage.
6. Any fouling of outside areas must be cleared up without delay. Any ‘accidents’ inside on hard floors should be thoroughly cleaned. If mats/rugs are soiled, you should advise us immediately so that we can use a carpet cleaner to remove.
7. The pet owner must bring the dog’s bed, cage, or basket for sleeping in.
8. Dogs MUST NOT be left alone in the property or elsewhere at any time.
9. Dogs MUST NOT lie on beds.
10. Dogs are not allowed on our furniture. Please bring a blanket to protect our furniture if you and your dog will find this difficult.
11. Dog owners must ensure that their pets are clean and free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the property. Failure to do so will incur subsequent & potentially significant charges.
12. After walks, soiled dogs should be washed and dried outside the property before entry.