ELWORTH FARMHOUSE COTTAGE
TERMS AND CONDITONS OF HIRE
When you book your holiday you are entering into a legally binding contract. The following notes are to assist you to cope with those unforeseen problems which can conspire to ruin what should be the highlight of the year.
1. The deposit is non refundable and is required to confirm your reservation.
2. The balance due for the holiday must be received at least 30 days prior to your arrival.
NB: Please note that failure to pay the balance at least 30 days prior to your arrival will be treated as an unadvised cancellation and the cottage will be re-let to another customer. I shall however send you a reminder!
1. The deposit is the only charge levied in the event of cancellation notified at least 30 days prior to your planned date of arrival.
2. The full cost of the holiday will be charged in the event of cancellation during the 30 days prior to your planned arrival. A cancellation invoice will be sent at the beginning of your intended holiday period to assist with recovery of your costs through your holiday insurance. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time should unforeseen circumstances occur in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies paid to us and we shall endeavour to find you alternative accommodation subject to your approval.
3. One Week Bookings: If I am able to arrange an alternative booking for the period of your cancellation all moneys will be refunded with the exception of the initial deposit which I shall retain to cover administration costs.
4. Two/Three Week Bookings: If I am able to arrange an alternative booking for the entire period of your cancellation all moneys will be refunded with the exception of the initial £100 deposit - should it be possible to only re-let a portion of that period the cancellation fee will be adjusted pro-rata. i.e. two weeks booked, one week re-let - one weeks moneys are refunded.
In your best interests I strongly advise you to take out holiday and cancelled bookings insurance to safeguard your holiday. Upon receipt of your booking I shall send a Confirmation of Booking Letter together with a Cancellation Plan Proposal Form from Allianz Insurance PLC which I have found to offer comprehensive cover at a reasonable cost and which includes cancellation protection in the event that you are forced to cancel or curtail your holiday for reasons covered by the policy.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
1) Provisional reservations can be accepted by telephone or email but must be confirmed within 7 days by the arrival of a booking form and the required deposit. Failure to return the booking form & deposit within the allotted time-scale may result in the cottage being booked out to another client. Bookings cannot be accepted by persons under the age of 18. Due to insurance/health and safety reasons, children are not permitted in the farmhouse cottage & garden.
2) Once a booking is confirmed the Hirer is responsible for the total cost of the holiday. Any cancellation must be made in writing – see cancellation terms overleaf. The balance payment for your holiday is due one month prior to arrival date. Failure to pay within this allotted time-scale will be construed as an unadvised cancellation and the cottage re-let to another client (we shall however send a payment reminder and also attempt to contact you by telephone or email should payment not be received within the 30 days prior to expected arrival.)
3) Elworth Farmhouse Cottage is for use only by Guests Registered on this Booking Form.
4) Use of Elworth Farmhouse Cottage, gardens, swimming pool and spa hot tub are entirely at the Hirer’s own risk and the owner will take no responsibility for loss or damage to the hirer’s cars or belongings or injury to persons. Please read the health and safety notes provided in the cottage.
5) All breakages/damage must be paid for.
6) The Hirer agrees not to cause nuisance or annoyance to occupants of nearby property.
7) Elworth Farmhouse Cottage operates a NO SMOKING policy. Use of naked lights (ie candles) are also prohibited due to potential fire hazard.
8) Pets are prohibited.
9) We regret the accommodation is unsuitable for children
10) Gates to the driveway & garden of Elworth Farmhouse are to be kept closed at all times except for the purpose of entry/exit. (We don’t want cows sunbathing on the patio!) All doors must be locked and windows closed when the property is unoccupied (this to keep your belongings safe, as well as our own!) We request that downstairs windows are closed and doors locked overnight.
11) The owner has the legal right to enter the property at any time if a problem is suspected that may be detrimental to the fabric of the building or contents of the property.
We politely request that you please leave the cottage in a clean and tidy condition as you would wish and expect to find it.
For full details of the cottage accommodation and use of swimming pool and spa hot tub please see our website www.elworth-farmhouse.co.uk
Elworth is a farming hamlet with a working dairy farm. Please remember this whilst on holiday and hence observe the Country Code eg: remember to close gates if you find them closed and keep to designated footpaths and bridleways.
It only remains to say – We wish you a super holiday
Please see access statement on owners website www.elworth-farmhouse.co.uk