Please note - When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by post or email.
Booking Terms and Conditions for Thatch Close Cottages 1. CONTRACT The Contract for a short-term holiday rental will be between the Owners of Thatch Close Cottages (referred to as us or we) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as you or your) under the following booking conditions. UK law will govern the Contract. The contract of hire is not effective until we have received and processed the deposit. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions, and must be complied with. The party leader must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking and the booking form must list names, addresses and ages of your party.
2. PAYMENT Bookings are confirmed on receipt of the booking form and receiving the deposit of 1/3 of the holiday cost. The balance of the rental will be due for payment one month before the start of your holiday. We reserve the right to cancel a holiday where payment has not been received one month before the commencement date. If the booking is made within 1 month of the holiday start date, then payment will be due in full. Once you have a confirmed booking (i.e. the deposit has been paid and processed), you are responsible for the full rental cost even if you subsequently cancel.
3. CANCELLATION Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by phone and confirmed in writing. If we are able to re-let your booking we will refund you the final letting price (which may be less than you paid) less an administration fee. If we are unable to re-let there will be no refund under any circumstances. We would strongly advise that guests take out a travel insurance policy, which covers booking cancellations. Please see our cancellation policy [Link to this please Ellen]
5. CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER (FORCE MAJEURE) If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property (force majeure) you will be refunded the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. This will be the full extent of the liability of the Owners. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
6. NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE PROPERTY Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated in the brochure and the web site occupy the property, unless by prior arrangement with the owners. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed.
7. LIABILITY Thatch Close Cottages, its employees and representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and your property.
8. CARE OF THE PROPERTY You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties. Smoking is not allowed in any of the properties.
9. DAMAGES & BREAKAGES You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand (although we would not charge you for the odd glass or plate). If you lose a key we will replace it upon you paying for the cutting of a new one.
10. RIGHT OF ENTRY We shall be allowed reasonable right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
11. COMPLAINTS. Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return.
12. Please do not use naked flames within the properties; candles, oil and spirit lamps are not allowed.
13. When using a BBQ please ensure you are aware of the safety precautions required, do not start the BBQ with liquids. Propriety fire-lighters can be used, we advise that charcoal is used; Coal dust briquettes cause noxious fumes and will not enhance the taste of the food. Ensure the BBQ is positioned away from buildings, plants and any flammable substances. If in doubt, do not hesitate to ask.
14. Dogs and other pets. Dogs and other pets are welcome; however a few simple rules can be found on our doggie tab. Essentially, Please keep dogs on a lead when arriving, there may be other dogs present and they may need to get to know one another first. Please be aware that other guests and their children may be frightened of dogs. At present we do not keep livestock in the fields, so once your pets are settled please feel free to use the grounds, No dogs upstairs, unless otherwise agreed with the owners, please keep pets off the furniture. The next group of guests may not appreciate it. Guests are not permitted to leave their pets in the cottages unattended.
15. Smoking. This it not allowed.