Humble Bee Cottages Terms and Conditions
Please ask about our short breaks, which usually start in November to the following Easter. Minimum stay is two nights. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply.
In the event of a cancellation, a £10 administration fee will be charged.
1) A payment of 50% must be forwarded for holidays of seven nights or over to confirm booking, the remainder being due 6 weeks before start of holiday. If holiday is booked within 6 weeks of departure, or if booked less than a week before your intended arrival, then full payment must be paid upon booking. In the event of non-payment of this balance, we reserve the right to cancel the holiday and no refund will be given.
For holidays of less than seven nights, full payment must be made upon booking.
All balances must be settled 6 weeks before arrival, or paid in full as per above terms and conditions.
2) If you are forced to cancel, please telephone immediately and confirm in writing within four days. We reserve the right to keep any monies paid as a cancellation fee. Should we re-let the property, we shall be happy to offer you an alternative date for your holiday.
3) If the property is not re-let you will be held liable to pay the full balance due on the property you have booked. You are advised to take out Holiday Cancellation Insurance to cover this eventuality.
4) In the event of a cancellation by us, our liability shall be limited to the return in full the monies paid.
5) The cottage may be occupied by up to four guests, with bedding available to hire for up to two small children (one travel cot without linen (free), one child’s z-bed with linen (fee chargeable).
The number of persons including children occupying the accommodation shall not exceed the number of persons on the reservation form filled in at the time of booking. Only the families/persons quoted when booking are allowed to stay at the property. No third parties are allowed to stay at the property and holidays booked are not transferable. Please note: DVD facilities available for customers own use.
6) For group bookings (two or more cottages booked to the same group, either booked under one group name or individual names/cottages) there is a £100.00 per cottage damage/extra cleaning deposit. This is payable with your final balance. Providing there is no damage or extra cleaning required, the amount paid will be returned to you within five working days. Please note - all cottage bookings wishing to come as part of a group are required to pay this.
7) The owner is not liable to the guest, or members of the guest’s party for the loss or damage to any property belonging to any of them.
8) As the owner of the property, we reserve the right to gain access at any reasonable time during occupancy. As owners we shall not be responsible for the death or personal injury to a holidaymaker or loss, damage or accident to personal property.
9) In the event of misbehaviour or other necessary causes, the owner reserves the right to terminate the let without any refund of monies.
10) Pets : one acceptable breed dog per cottage is welcome on the understanding that they are not left on their own in the cottage at any time, that they are not allowed on the furniture or taken into the bedrooms and that owners act responsibly are 'clean up' where necessary on walks around the cottage grounds. Charges apply, and vary according to the length of your stay. If we need to do any extra cleaning/laundering/cleaning of carpets and upholstery after guests have departed, we will make a charge.
11) The Proprietor or their representatives shall be allowed access at any reasonable time during occupancy for the purpose of emergency maintenance or repair or any other need.
12) Guests are responsible for the condition of the cottage and the furniture and fittings therein. Whilst accepting that the cottage is cleaned between ‘lets’, the guest shall leave the cottage in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. In the event of the cottage(s) being left in an unsatisfactory state, then a charge will be made on top of the tariff to cover costs including cleaning, laundry and other costs incurred.
13) We ask that any breakages or faulty equipment be reported so that we may replace them. In the case of breakages, a replacement charge will be made.
14) Where you have special requirements, such as extra linen, please specify upon booking and we shall endeavour to do our upmost to fulfil your needs. We may have to make a small charge.
15) Visitors should arrive after 3pm and vacate the cottage by 10am on day of departure.
16) If using the hot tub please make sure you have read the instructions in the cottage Welcome Pack. Please note that cottage guests ONLY can use the hot tub and that as such, you are responsible for any damages caused when using the hot tub.
Please see separate recommendations for hot tub use.
17) Please advise reception if you are expecting guests visiting you. It is important that their car registration number is advised at reception.
Our aim is to make your stay a happy and memorable one. If there is anything we can do to make your holiday more relaxed or enjoyable please let us know.