The 4 *Loft is a self contained apartment in our traditional Welsh farmhouse with a secluded hot tub in the roof garden. Guests love the panoramic bird's eye view of the farm and surrounding countryside. The bedroom is simply furnished with a comfortable antique brass and iron bed and fitted carpet. The bathroom is adjacent and has a shower over the bath and a new solid oak floor. The relaxing sitting room includes a dining area with a small, sleek and well equipped kitchen. The velux balcony window brings light and stunning views right into the apartment. The roof garden, facing south and west is a tranquil place for those warm evenings. The old farmyard has many amenities for guests and is a great place to birdwatch close to the accommodation. The games room and laundry facilities are in the old farmyard garden and guests are welcome to explore the farm and feed the friendly animals. Lambing live! in April and May.
Terms & Conditions
Terms of Booking
• When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
• A cleared deposit of 1/3 is required before the booking can be confirmed.
• In the event of a guest cancelling a confirmed booking, the guest is liable for the full cost of the holiday. The owners will endeavour to relet the property and offset any payment received from reletting, against the liability of the original booking. It is strongly recommended that you take out holiday insurance to cover you if you are unable to take your holiday and have to cancel.
• The owners reserve the right, in exceptional circumstances, to alter or cancel a booking.
• The accommodation is let from 3.00 pm on the day of arrival to 10.00 am on the day of departure.
• By signing this booking form, guests understand that they will be staying on a working farm. Guests agree to read and comply with the general information and the safety information provided in each holiday property and on any signs and notices throughout the farm. Children must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult who will ensure that children comply with the safety information.
• Properties accommodate up to the number stated unless a special arrangement is agreed in advance.
• It is expected that guests leave the accommodation as clean as it is on arrival, and that guests recycle and dispose of their rubbish as requested in the information folder.
• Sorry no dogs, except those booked into our dog cabin.
• No smoking in any parts of our holiday properties.
Type Self Catering
Sleeps 2 - 7
£299 - £993 per week
Delightful 4* cottages with hot tubs on our organic 200 acre traditional hill farm with private nature reserve. Direct access to the Elan Valley and next to the river Wye.
Very comfortable, high-graded holiday properties, one barn conversion with hot tub, one traditional cottage with hot tub and one romantic apartment, on our 200 acre traditional hill farm. Explore from the door in spectacular ‘kite’ country next to the river Wye and adjoining the Elan Valley. Discover our beautiful, secluded conservation farm, its oak woodlands, wildflower meadows, river, wetlands and open moor. Walk, bird watch, badger watch, wild camp, cycle or simply relax and watch the daily events on the farm. Friendly animals, tree house hide, bikes, games room, play area, green energy. Traditional market, pubs, shops, restaurants, leisure centre and outdoor activities 3.5 miles. Open all year.
The Tollant with its own hot tub is a beautifully converted hay loft, above the old cowhouse in the traditional farm yard. Stone and timber built it is spacious and light with stunning views south over the Wye valley and the meadows. Three bedrooms and an open plan living and eating area make this barn conversion an ideal environment for families, friends or couples. There is an enclosed roof terrace adjoining the dining area for al fresco eating or simply relaxing and watching daily events on the farm. The Tollant patio opens into the old farmyard which is an additional outdoor area with amenities and spaces to relax. Guests have immediate access to our traditional farmland and surrounding woods, pastures and hills. We have almost 2 miles of river, ponds and wetlands just minutes away. The Elan Valley, famous for wonderful walking is immediately behind our farm, so you can walk there in a few minutes without using your car.
The Granary cottage, with its own private hot tub, was the old farm granary which we have restored and converted into a very comfortable, charming cottage. The traditional stone and slate structure and the old beams have been repaired and a wonderful oak floor added more recently. The well designed kitchen, dining area and sitting room create an attractive open plan living area downstairs, with two bedrooms and a shower room upstairs. Central heating comes from the farm biomass boiler and there is a woodburner in the sitting area. Outdoors, the small lawned garden and the new deck provide wonderful views south across the old hay meadows leading down to the river Wye. The deck, with access from the French windows is enclosed with fencing and gates making a great outdoor space for families. Accessed from the deck the hot tub has a pergola with outdoor lighting for magical outdoor evenings. Suitable for up to for 4 guests and with room for a baby or toddler using a cot, this cottage is ideal for families, friends and couples. The old farmyard has attractive amenities for guests and is an additional recreational space adjoining the Granary garden.
Additional Directions Information
From Rhayader town centre (at the clock tower) take the B4518 west along West St., towards the Elan Valley. On the outskirts of town take the right turn signposted Mountain Road to Aberystwyth, which also has a brown ‘Nannerth’ sign. After ½ mile take first turn right (brown ‘Nannerth’ sign a few yards before) and follow the lane for about 2 ¾ miles. DO NOT TURN OFF TARMAC ROAD or you will end up at our neighbour. Nannerth Fawr Farm is at the top of a long straight hill next to the road on the right. There is a slate sign ‘Nannerth Country Holidays’ on the verge. Satnav will not bring you here, so do not rely on it for the last few miles!