Membership | Joining | Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. A member will provide, on a commercial basis, rural accommodation in the United Kingdom. 'Rural accommodation' means accommodation on land that is in the countryside and includes Bed and Breakfast; Self Catering and Glamping. The accommodation will be providing a source of income for the owner. Once the application is submitted, approval will be sought for membership from a member of the Board of directors who also have the authority to accept applicants if felt the applicant upholds the principles of Farm Stay UK.
2. A member who retires from a business described above but continues to provide accommodation (and which accords with the perception of farm accommodation which Farm Stay UK seeks to project) shall qualify under this rule provided membership is continuously maintained.
3. Members must comply with all necessary statutory requirements of their national government to operate accommodation businesses.
4. Farm Stay UK has a number of recognised sponsors and Members may receive correspondence from them from time to time.
5. The number of units featured on the Members website must align with the number on the Farm Stay UK website unless dispensation has been agreed by the Board.
6. Any images submitted to Farm Stay UK may be additionally used for promotional activity by the organisation without further permissions.
7. An independent assessment is not a requirement of membership although members are expected to be safe, clean and legal as a minimal standard. Should members choose to be quality rated (Visit England; Visit Scotland; Visit Wales; AA or equivalent), it is the responsibility of the member to ensure ratings displayed on the Farm Stay website and brochure are a valid and accurate record of achievement.
8. Members are ultimately responsible for populating and maintaining their own entry on the website and content for the brochure.
Conditions of Entry (Website and Brochure):
1. Entries must comply with all relevant legislation and the responsibility for accuracy rests with the member supplying the copy. However, Farm Stay UK reserves the right to refuse material considered not to be in accord with statutory requirements with particular reference to the Trades Description Acts 1968 and 1972.
2. Neither Farm Stay UK nor its agents will be liable for any direct or indirect loss, consequential or otherwise, arising as a result of any amendment or change to the entry, or to the failure of that entry to appear, or for the accuracy or legibility of any other brochure content.
3. Cancellations of entries for the brochure can only be accepted in writing before the agreed annual closing date. Refunds or financial compensation cannot be made in the case of cancellation or change after this date.
4. Farm Stay UK reserves the right to: a) Refuse entries, copy or design/layout without explanation: b) Decide the final position of entries within the brochure.
5. Brochure entries must comply with any requirements that have been outlined by the Board of Directors and Brochure Production Company.
6. Farm Stay UK and its agents reserve the right to edit descriptions which exceed and guidance provided or that do not conform to Farm Stay's editorial style.
7. Price information shall be given as a range from lowest in low season and highest in high season. Prices should be a true reflection and in line with other advertising as far as is practicable.
8. The membership year runs annually from the 1st April. Membership includes your entry onto the website and a basic entry into the next printed version of the brochure. Members hold ultimate responsibility for their website and brochure entries. This will apply to all members unless dispensation has been agreed by the Board of Directors.
9. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, members commit to membership for the remainder of the current Farm Stay year finishing annually on 31st March. Unless extenuating circumstances can be provided to the Board, no refunds are given.
10. .Other specific Terms and Conditions may apply in relation to new members joining as the result of a special member join offer i.e. offers are generally not applicable to lapsed members within the last membership year.