Little Gaerfields is the perfect venue for larger parties. There’s lots of extra’s to make it home from home such as comfortable 6’ beds, home cooked food and celebration cakes delivered to your table, groceries unpacked and put away, an indoor swimming pool, swim jet and sauna, log fire and underfloor heating. Activities for all ages can be arranged to keep everyone entertained. You can walk to the local pub or cafe and enjoy the wonderful views. We are close to The Royal Forest of Dean, Wales, Hereford and Hay-on-Wye. So much to see and do that guests return many times.
Terms & Conditions
Full terms and conditions are on Upperfields website.
Fire Safety & Access Statement
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, replaces a large majority of previous United Kingdom legislation appertaining to fire safety. The current requirement is that all workplaces where more than 1 person is employed is required to undertake a fire risk assessment and in all premises where there are more than 5 employees, there is a duty to keep formal records of the risk assessment and control measures.
Requirements of Fire Safety Regulations:
The regulations place a personal duty on the employer to provide minimum safety standards of fire safety for places where people work.
The employer is required to:
- Carry out a fire risk assessment of the workplace, this means that you have to assess the fire risks in the workplace this also means any ‘identifiable ignition sources’, either as part of a general health and safety review or as a specific exercise.
- Consider ‘who is at risk’, this means all employees, occupants of the premises and all other people who may be affected by a fire including a duty to protect fire service personnel and to make adequate provision for any disabled people with special needs.
- Check that in the event of a small fire, the fire can be structurally contained and prevented from spreading to neighbouring buildings and the environment surrounding the affected premises.
- Check that a fire can be detected in a reasonable time and that people can be warned.
- Check that people who may be in the building can get out safely.
- Provide reasonable fire-fighting equipment.
- Check that people in the building know what to do if there is a fire. Identify the significant findings of the risk assessment and the details of anyone who might be at risk.
- Check and maintain such fire equipment.
- Provide and maintain such fire precautions as are necessary to safeguard those who use the workplace.
- Provide information, instruction and training to all employees about the fire precautions in the workplace
Booking can be made by phone or email. The nearest hamlet is Llancloudy (1/2 mile) where there is a bus stop, our village address is Llangarron (2 miles), Llangrove has the nearest public house by road (3miles) by footpath (1.6 miles).
Taxis will come to the house to deliver and pick up, there is a list on the website. Shopping can be delivered to the house through a number of supermarkets.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
You arrive at the back of Little Gaerfields driving through the double wooden gates and park in the courtyard, it is uneven and on a gentle gradient with parking spaces for a number of cars. Entrance to the house is through either of 2 doors with slopes as access to the doors and a threshold to step over.
Main Entrance and Reception and Main room downstairs
One door (81cm wide) (step of 4cm) is wooden and leads to a small hall the other is the mail entrance which is has 2 glass doors opening outwards, doors open are 155cm wide with a threshold of 14cm. Outside this door the sloping brick path has a step of 17cm. The main entrance is a 2nd lounge area with armchairs and settee's a TV and the information area, with double glass doors (156cm wide) and (14cm threshold step)
Type Self Catering
Sleeps 5 - 27
£2000 - £5500 per week
Relax and unwind, or party the night away in our warm and cozy barn conversion. You can walk to the local pub, cafe or stay by the pool and sauna.
There's lots to keep the family busy. Once used to milk the cows in it has been converted into a self catering property with loving care and great attention to detail.
Little Gaerfields sleeps up to 25 in 9 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms with facities for the disabled.
To make your stay as comfortable as possible there are 6' zip and link beds with fresh linen and towels. Underfloor heating and a woodburner in an inglenook fireplace. The chef can deliver home cooked food to your table or an iced cake to celebrate an occasion.
Take a guided walk to find wild food or participate in organised activities, ideal for larger parties.
Additional Directions Information
Upperfields farm is situated in south Herefordshire. Hereford 12 miles, Ross-on-Wye 7 miles, Monmouth 5 miles. The Royal Forest of Dean and the border of Wales are both within 5 to 15 minutes drive. M50 is 7 miles. Full directions are on Upperfields web site.